HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.1

Quick question, I am looking to see if there is any way of displaying whether DXVA is actually switched on on my system. Does this plugin show if DXVA is enabled for a certain video playing? I am looking for something like MPC-HC does (it writes on the screen if DXVA is working).

Could anyone help or know of anything else to check this? :D

afman75

December 30, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.1

Micropolis, awesome plugin and thnx for the work. I was wondering if one issue could be corrected. On all of my machines, Win 7 HP, Win Vista Ultimate, and Vista HP, I recevie an error for a counter not being found on load. It is the 'Processor Performance' counter and it is looking for the '% of maxinmum frequency'. Looking at the original code from some time ago there was a custom instance referenced in the HTPCInfo.dll. The 'Processor Performance' counter is only accesed with elevated privilidges. It doesn't matter if you add your user to the performance monitor group or not.

I decompiled this code sometime ago and deleted the line calling the counter completely and it fixed the error. However, without the original windows setup form image on recompile you can't setup the plugin. But, as I said you don't get an error and the plugin runs. I have attached a small C# program that allows you to check perfomance counters outside of perfmon utility which always run elevated. The 'Processor Perfmonce' counter is not there unless you run as administrator.

Just would lie to know if anyone else is having this problem or it is just me. If I had the source code I would take care of it myself if it only applies to me.

Again, thanks for all the work and support.

Attachments

• Performance Counters.rar
    30.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

Dear community,
the HTPCInfo plugin was updated to version 1.0.2, HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor to version 0.4.1.
This update is required to fix changes in TVServer RC2 SVN 25546. Since this official release, some related routines does not accept "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" parameter any longer.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

To check your installation, please delete all entries from your sensor configuration and save it.
After this edit your skin file and set sensor properties to #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature<digit>, #HTPCInfo.SensorFan<digit>, #HTPCInfo.SensorVoltage<digit>, (<digit> must be replaced with a number started at zero) and increment <digit> for each entry in Speedfan. Please check also values for #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCount, #HTPCInfo.SensorFanCount and #HTPCInfo.SensorVoltageCount.
If nothing of this helps, please reinstall the plugin and try it with a pre-defined skin file (e.g. blue3wide) or use the xAP related properties (for more informations please consult the manual before).

As a note yet: next time please be careful of what you say in this forum. Some of your statements seem quite offensive and arrogant. Please respect that anything happens in this forum on a voluntary basis. Maybe even help sometimes motivating words or a thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

As a note yet: next time please be careful of what you say in this forum. Some of your statements seem quite offensive and arrogant. Please respect that anything happens in this forum on a voluntary basis. Maybe even help sometimes motivating words or a thank you.

well, i am not arrogant, i am just faithfully. could be that the tone i used was not adequately. therefore i already exculpated me.
fact is, that the manual says not much, how the local speedfan reading is working. it says not how to configurate speedfan in the rigt way (to use speaking names seems not be enough) and it says not, if the local speefdan reading are working over xap or not. its says only something about speaking names. it also says not that what one must edit, that speedfan-readig is working. its nothing to read in it, that one must edit "HTPCInfoOverview.xml" to get it to work.
all that have i found out on my own and it costs me lots of time.
thats my point of view to what it happend.
i know that you spend a lot of time in this plugin and therefore i would say thank you very much!
i know to appreciate that you spend a lot of work to that plugin!
for me, its nothing more to say about that happening. now you know also the other viewpoint.

---------------------
thanks a lot for your hints. i have already tried that with no success. to look again in the manual, also dosn t help, becouse there are no pursue informations about my problem.
but anyway, thx a lot for all your work.

Greetings
parkuhr

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

Hello parkuhr,
the HTPCInfo plugin can access Speedfan data using two different modes:

• Shared Memory (normal way): Please check using the HTPCInfo diagnostic tool (part of the HTPCInfo.zip), if your system have access to this memory area. Please check also your mediaportal.log, if you see any errors like "Shared memory error" (sorry, your latest log files does not offer enough informations).
  • xAP protocol: This mode is used by other MediaPortal plugins (e.g. MySpeedfan). Please refer in the configuration dialog to a valid IP address (most your static IP address of your local computer or client), save the configuration and check the value of the global property #HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperatureCount/#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFanCount. Do you have values greater zero here, use properties #HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature<digit> and #HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan<digit> to display the speedfan informations (<digit> is a placeholder for a valid number starting at zero).

Hope that helps,
Cheers, Micropolis

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

Hi Micropolis,

thx a lot for further hints. i will try it.
i will check all other hints, hopeing to be sucesfull.
again thanks a lot for your great plugin and all the work you investet in it!
and also sorry again, for the bad start we had!

Greetings
parkuhr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom