HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (10 Viewers)

mister_salsa

Portal Member
November 5, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

I've just installed htpcinfo.mpe1 v1.0.2 successfully, but it didn't add anything to streamedmp skin.
It shows an error that the xml is not found. What goes wrong?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi mister_salsa,
the original installer file does not contain the skin files for StreamedMP.
Copy all media files from the original skin folder (blue3) into the StreamedMP folder, next download the latest skin files from joz (see this post) and copy it also into the skin folder.
Maybe clean the skin cache folder and restart MediaPortal. After this, the problem is hopefully fixed.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.2

Hello parkuhr,
the HTPCInfo plugin can access Speedfan data using two different modes:

• Shared Memory (normal way): Please check using the HTPCInfo diagnostic tool (part of the HTPCInfo.zip), if your system have access to this memory area. Please check also your mediaportal.log, if you see any errors like "Shared memory error" (sorry, your latest log files does not offer enough informations).
  • xAP protocol: This mode is used by other MediaPortal plugins (e.g. MySpeedfan). Please refer in the configuration dialog to

Hope that helps,
Cheers, Micropolis

Hello Micropolis,

shared memory seems to work. have testet it with your diagnostic-tool. only performance counter gives an error, all others like temperature seems to work.
maybe i editet the "HTPCInfoOverview.xml" in the wrong way. you have a screen of my names and speedfan, and tool-sensor-configuration and also the editet HTPCInfoOverview.xml-file. can you plese check the HTPCInfoOverview.xml-file, if there are any errors, if you find the time?

Greetings
parkuhr

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hey Micropolis!

First of all, thanks for the very useful plugin :)

Is it possible to implement Safely to remove hardware functionality inside HTPCInfo? I was thinking about new button and then the context menu for devices selection.. Let me know what you think..

Cheers!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi SilentExcept,
    yes, sure. I had a working source code for USB volumes only (only disks, no other device classes), a standard selection dialog can be used to select and unmount USB devices.
    This functionality can be included into the next minor release...

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.5

Dear community,
    the updated version v1.0.5 of this plugin is ready for downloading.

Informations for users:
    • The requested functionality "Safely Remove USB disk device functionality added" was added.
    • Please be aware, that you need updated skin files to run this version properly.
    • For more informations, please take a look into the attached manual.

Informations for skinners:
    • Button “Safely Remove Disk Device” (ID 9) added.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.5

Thank you for the quick update!

I have a small suggestion for the added button: is it possible to disable it if no devices are present? Right now it's working but if no devices are present button click does nothing. It would be nice for user fidelity to show message or disable it (which i suggested).

Next, there are few new feature requests (after using the plugin for longer time).

* Additional WOL devices. Beside the ability to wake three network devices as defined in the configuration - section Network, I would like the option to define more WOL devices which would then be added to the list below those three.

* Taks manager. I know there is kill unresponsive processes button but it would be quite nice if there was a full task manager in the MediaPortal. You could use the GUIListControl, Label for the task name, Label2 for memory usage and Label3 for CPU usage for example. In this view, there should be existing option for killing unresponsive processes, options for killing selected process, sorting, (filtering?), viewing additional information on the process (like full path to the running executable and such), perhaps even for process starting and so on.. Perhaps I'll think of something more later on..

Hope you will these requests useful and find time for implementation :)

Cheers!
    SE

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi SelentExcept,
    thx for your feedback, some small answers from my side:

• disable button "Safely Remove Disk Device": this function is time-consuming and cannot work in real-time (or I prefer this), a notification message can be implemented.
    • WOL devices: can be added into the next major release
    • Task manager: this functionality is not in scope for HTPCInfo. It is possible to implement this, but not inside this plugin. Maybe a new plugin "TaskControl"?

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

New plugin seems reasonable and besides, I (or other skinners) could always add a link button to TaskControl in the HTPCInfo if plugin is enabled (I prefer all utility plugins to be linked from HTPCInfo)..

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I haven't noticed in documentation, is it possible to display TVServer status (text/image).. Working, not working (this is possible), recording, timeshifting, epg grabbing?

Edit: Two more notes about Safely remove feature:
    * is it possible to display volume label in the menu?
    * is it possible to get rid of the "safety" question "are you sure"?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom