HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

fontaine

Portal Member
October 17, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: HTPCInfo plugin v1.3.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I've already copied the "HTPCInfo.xml", "HTPCInfoDetails.xml", HTPCInfoGauges.xml", "HTPCInfoOverview.xml" and "HTPCInfoSummary.xml" from the default skin folder to the default wide skin folder. Please correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't these still give me data when i'm in the plugin even if they dont look right for my screen type/size?

Anyways, i want to use the plugin in background mode and shouldn't need these xml's, just the xml for the view that in trying to add sensor data to, correct?

I can get the plugin to show data on basic home screen. It shows data like processor usage, hdd type, hdd name, memory size, plus some other values, but i can not get the data for hdd free space, hdd disk size, memory used and some other values.

I think i'm using the plugin correctly but hdd size related info dosen't work on my system. These values work in administrative tools/Performance.
I'm not sure if this is a bug with htpcinfo or if i'm still missing anything. Any suggestions?

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Check the screen shot this is what i came up with you can ajust it as you like. the Basichome zip has the Basichome.xml for the Default wide skin as shown in the screen shot.

I would suggest coping your Basichome.xml to another location before coping the .xml file in the .zip file to your Default wide skin folder.

Good luck
TLD

Attachments

• HTPCInfoBasic.jpg
    HTPCInfoBasic.jpg
    323.8 KB
  • BasicHome.zip
    3.1 KB

fontaine

Portal Member
October 17, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway

Thanks, but when i'm using your Basichome.xml i still don't get any data from the drives (see screenshot)
Obviously HTPCInfo isn't fully working with my system.
My only hope now i think is that Micropolis hopefully finds some time to look at my problems :)
I will of course provide logs and test testbuilds if necessary.

Tanks anyway

Fontaine

Attachments

• Basic Home.JPG
    Basic Home.JPG
    62.8 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Just to check do you have "monitor hard drives" ticked in the HTPCInfo configuration?

I notice you are not getting memory info either are you running Vista or windows 7, if so perhaps the OS is not letting HTPCInfo get the info because of authorization problems.
Maybe you need to run HTPCInfo as an administrator somehow. Just guessing.
sorry i couldn't help.
Good luck
TLD

fontaine

Portal Member
October 17, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway

Monitor harddrives is ticked in Htpcinfo config.
I'm running win xp sp3 with all updates. Logged in user has admin rights.
For more system details please see "my system" tab.

Fontaine

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I installed HTPCInfo a couple of days ago. I then got the error: “Missing or invalid file:”
    So I checked the log file for information. I also took a look at the forum page to see if I could find some information about my problem. With no luck, I uninstalled the plugin. Downloaded a new version that hade come and installed it again.
    This time I can’t see the plugin anymore (not in home or plugin)?
    The “Mediaportal.log” (attached) file doesn’t show any error or clue why it’s not visible.
    But the “Configuration.log” (attached) Say that it is not compatible with the current MediaPortal version?!?

Do you have some idea why?

I don’t have the TV-server, but have installed the additional TVServer libraries that are required. The skin I use is StreamedXP.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi barneh,
    do you have fixed the problem in the meantime? Your log files doesn't show any plugin related errors or warnings, do you have tried a manual installation?

Cheers, Micropolis

fontaine

Portal Member
    October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

I haven't found a fix yet. I haven't tried to install manually, but will try that as soon as i get the time. If it dosen't work i think i might try a fresh install of xp.

I'm getting some error that i think is related. It seemes like every time i start mediaportal i get a RSVP Firstcounter error in the system event log. It says that the system could not find the designated file during reading of the firstcounter value (event id:12004). Logs is attached.

Best regards,
    Fontaine

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello fontaine,
    thx for your feedback. I didn't see this problem with the Resource Reservation Protocol before. In my opinion it's not possible to reproduce tis issue without damaging parts of a system installation. Hope, the re-insallation will fix that issue, give a feedback if the problem occurs again.

Cheers, Micropolis

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: HTPCInfo plugin v1.3.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hi torbjorns, hi rekenaar,

Thanks a lot. Using IE8-9 gives the .zip when hitting the download button. FF 3.6-7.01 give the .mpe1. (I tried it on 2 comps):eek:

I can reproduce this issue, this problem occurs for each files/plugins/skins, which has a extension of .mpe1 and URL like this "https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=40&cf_id=24". The compatibility mode of Internet Explorer doesn't solve the problem.

Cheers, Micropolis
    Firefox 7.0.1 gives the zip, too.
    How can I get the mpe1 file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom