HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

tbrg78

Portal Member
October 9, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micropolis..

i tried HTPCInfo with skin Avalon, it did not work correctly, just some very screwed up screens appear. So I uninstalled it, and that lead to an error message in the configuration tool, making it useless. I started a thread here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/sudden-error-in-configuration-tool.114226/#post-937772
Reinstalling HTPCInfo plugin fixed that error message, but that is probably not the expected way of getting rid of that error, as I actually was about to remove HTPCInfo.. o))

Thanks!
Rob.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello tbrg78,
... i tried HTPCInfo with skin Avalon, it did not work correctly, just some very screwed up screens appear. So I uninstalled it, and that lead to an error message in the configuration tool, making it useless. ... Reinstalling HTPCInfo plugin fixed that error message, but that is probably not the expected way of getting rid of that error, as I actually was about to remove HTPCInfo ...
sorry, maybe it's too late, but I'm not able to follow you. If I take a look into your log files, I'll see a big list of incompataibilty errors, but I'm not able to see, which version do you use. Please disable/uninstall incompatible plugins step by step and post a understandable list of "steps to reproduce", thanks.

Cheers, Micropolis

tbrg78

Portal Member
October 9, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micropolis, thanks for your help!.. o) I'll try to be more specific now:
I use MP v1.2.3 with Avalon skin and following "basic" plugins, nothing fancy i guess:

Eventghost Plus
Intelligent Frame Correction
LAV Filters
MovPicNFO
OneButtonMusic
RadioTime
WorldWeather

Your plugin "HTPCInfo" was installed as well until recently. Noticing today, that the MP configuration.exe throws an error and makes it crash, I reinstalled HTPCInfo as suggested, to fix the error message and to be able to use the configuration tool again. That suggestion came from user "seco", because he told me, that the missing component, or the reason for the error message, is related to HTPCInfo.

To make sure it's related to HTPCInfo (well it seems so) I just redid what I did. I uninstalled HTPCInfo 1.5.5 to get the error message back - and yes, that "worked", the error is back. After reinstalling HTPCInfo again, the error message is gone and I can use the configuration tool again. My initial goal was to remove HTPCInfo though. I thought you might be interested in that error situation. I just cannot uninstall HTPCInfo anymore without rendering my MP installation useless.

It looks like the uninstallation procedures does not remove all references to components of HTPCInfo and makes the configuration tool cry.

If you need anymore information, please tell me what you need, I'll go and pick it up.
Rob.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi tbrg78,
... Your plugin "HTPCInfo" was installed as well until recently. Noticing today, that the MP configuration.exe throws an error and makes it crash, I reinstalled HTPCInfo as suggested, to fix the error message and to be able to use the configuration tool again. That suggestion came from user "seco", because he told me, that the missing component, or the reason for the error message, is related to HTPCInfo...
I had read the original thread before, but I don't understand your current installation completely.
The shared library Micropolis.TVCore.dll (the information from your screenshot) is part of HTPCInfo only (and SleepControl), the second library Micropolis.MPCore.dll is required for all of my plugins.

There are two scenarios to remove HTPCInfo:
  • delete HTPCInfo.dll and HTPCInfo.TVCore.dll manually from your plugin directly
  • run the installer and remove HTPCInfo automatically (this will remove all Micropolis libraries) and reinstall WorldWeather again (this will install the required Micropolis libraries again to start WorldWeather)
I know, it's a little bit complicated, but the extension (un)installer does not offer the possibilty to leave shared/required files for other plugins on your harddisk.

Cheers, Micropolis

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having this strange overlay problem with the latest Black Glass HD svn in 1.3 alpha

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    440.8 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But this is a skin issue, not a plugin issue - pls report in the relevant Black Glass thread ;)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't get this to work. I installed HTPCInfo via the MP Extension Installer, set it to Background mode, then added this line to StreamedMP\mytvprogram.xml file (for looking at upcoming episodes to record):

Code:
    <control>
    <description>Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>10</posX>
    <posY>20</posY>
    <font>font10</font>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.AlertDiskCapacityStatus</label>
    </control>

<control>
    <description>Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>200</posX>
    <posY>20</posY>
    <font>font10</font>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.Drive2Gauge </label>
    </control>

All I get is the literal text "#HTPCInfo.AlertDiskCapacityStatus" and then some text ending in "...\blah.png" in the top-left corner of the screen. :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom