HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Screenshot thumbnails in first post of thread are not clickable for viewing, not sure if intentional or due to the forum changes we had a while ago.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear huha, kiwijunglist,
    ... Same problem here for the Tvserver Monitor using 1.3alpha. Is it possible to get an update for 1.3? ...
    I had updated to MediaPortal TV libraries for v1.3 Alpha (v1.2.100.0), you can download the package from the first post at this thread.

... Screenshot thumbnails in first post of thread are not clickable for viewing...
    At the first post there is only one screenshot and could not be clicked or zoomed. For high resolution screenshots of HTPCInfo please take a look into the manual or repository.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.9.1

I still have the problem that the cpu usage will not be displayed :confused:

My Version is: 0.9.1
    wmiApSrv is running
    Log:
    Code:
    HTPC Info: System Performance Counter Initialization Error. (Error Code: System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
      bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
      bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
      bei System.Int32.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
      bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName)
      bei HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPerformanceCounters(), Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.)

I've tested all the suggestions in this tread :(

for all with the same problems,

Rebuild performance counter :
    run cmd as administrator
    type the following line,
    "Lodtcr /r"
    press enter,
    You will receive the following message:
    "Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store"

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Micropolis, I guess I need you help again . I saw the library packages for 1.2 and 1.3, but not the TvServerMonitorV0.8.0.zip.
    I tried to copy the the 1.2 .dll files into a folder together with the TvServerMonitor, but still the same error.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Greetings, huha

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pur_berger, huha,

@pur_berger
    ... As I'm fighting currently with getting Speed Fan to show correct values ... I found this application
    http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/ ...
    Attached at the first post of this thread you can find nightly build v1.5.5 of HTPCInfo, which include basic features for Open Hardware Monitor sensor detection and display. This version is for testing purposes, for required configuration settings please see the included manual. Additionally the HTPCInfo Diagnostic Tool v2.0.2 can be used to detect possible issues. Feedback about this version is welcome.

At least a small warning: Due to these changes all existing Speedfan settings cannot be read anymore from mediaportal.xml. If you want to use your older settings, please rename all sensor related settings (e.g. TemperatureType<digit>Enabled, TemperatureType<digit>, FanType<digit>Enabled, FanType<digit>, VoltageType<digit>Enabled, VoltageType<digit> to SpeedfanTemperatureType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanTemperatureType<digit>, SpeedfanFanType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanFanType<digit>, SpeedfanVoltageType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanVoltageType<digit>) manually.

@huha
    ... I saw the library packages for 1.2 and 1.3, but not the TvServerMonitorV0.8.0.zip. I tried to copy the the 1.2 .dll files into a folder together with the TvServerMonitor, but still the same error ...
    I am afraid that this was my fault, the package does not contain the required PowerScheduler interface library.
    The corrected package is now ready for downloading. Also I suggest to use the newest version v0.8.2 of HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor, it can be found also in the first post of this thread. Sorry again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Working great with OHM. The only thing I recognised (but this might be known already - didn't go through the thread:

- no spaces in the sensor naming (obvious)
    - no numeric signs in teh sensor naming (like +3.3) - the + leads to the sensor not displaying.

Also - in your setup I can't select my GPU (first page of config) - and never could - greyed out (I have an ATI Card)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Micropolis,
    working perfect now :)
    A big thanks for the monitor and also for your world weather plugin!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pur_berger,
    ... The only thing I recognised (but this might be known already - didn't go through the thread:
    - no spaces in the sensor naming (obvious)
    Which sensor naming do you mean? If you mean a space between the sensor value and unit, you can change this by changing the appropriate language file.

- no numeric signs in teh sensor naming (like +3.3) - the + leads to the sensor not displaying.
    Hm, from my point of view sensor values cannot be lower than zero, except your server is located in a cold storage house. Or is this for aesthetical reasons only?

Also - in your setup I can't select my GPU (first page of config) - and never could - greyed out (I have an ATI Card)
    Do you use a "real" ATI card? In your system specifications I can read "HIS Radeon", whatever this means. Never mind, could you please post here, what the Windows system information tool (msinfo32.exe) says? Or better, could you run a WMI query tool (e.g. WMI Explorer) to determine the values, which are reported by "Select * from Win32_VideoController" in namespace "root\cimv2"? Which driver version is installed?

At least, I'd upload a new nightly build version, which contains some performance tweaks for Open Hardware Monitor detection routines.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Which sensor naming do you mean? If you mean a space between the sensor value and unit, you can change this by changing the appropriate language file.
    - for example if teh sensor is originally Titled CPU Fan you need to change it to CPUFan to use it in your plugin as the sensor is #whatever in one word

Hm, from my point of view sensor values cannot be lower than zero, except your server is located in a cold storage house. Or is this for aesthetical reasons only?
    - if the original sensor is called +12V for example and you use that naming #Senserwhatever+12V it is going to display the variable name instead of the value - so you need to change it to 12V so the sensor name is #Senserwhatever12V which is working

Do you use a "real" ATI card? In your system specifications I can read "HIS Radeon", whatever this means. Never mind, could you please post here, what the Windows system information tool (msinfo32.exe) says? Or better, could you run a WMI query tool (e.g. WMI Explorer) to determine the values, which are reported by "Select * from Win32_VideoController" in namespace "root\cimv2"? Which driver version is installed?
    - The Card I use is a HIS Radeon AMD - HIS is the producer

It says AMD Radeon HD6570 driver version 9.2.0.0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom