HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.5 (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm usingHTPCInfo plugin v1.3.1 and it is working fine.
Today i tried to update to HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.5 and i get the text over text (2 screens on the same page) problem again.
I was just wondering if anyone else has updated to HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.5 and has it working properly? Or if there were skin changes between versions? as i noticed in the supported aMPed plugins page only shows support up to HTPCInfo plugin v1.3.2. even though on the HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.5 page in shows aMPed as a supported skin.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD: I tested here and even re-saved my config in 1.4.5 and could not reproduce the overlapping.
    The HTPC Info docs don't mention any specific skin changes,. So ????
    Yeah plugin forums don't usually check every skin to see if they support the latest version - they assume skins that support their plugin will update to the latest version.

The only thing I can think of is to check that the aMPed skin files you have are the same as in aMPed SVN - they should be as I have not made any changes since aMPed 3.3.3 release, but it's a start.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Yeah, i rolled back to HTPCInfo plugin v1.3.1 and it works fine with the custom .xml flies i am using.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you post your custom xmls for me TLD? I doubt they will work on my system, but maybe I can spot where the issue occurs. I remember last time this happened there was a change in the plugin visibility conditions, so maybe it is similar. Strange it does not happen when I test, or for all users though.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Here they are, the HTPCInfo.xml file is not customized but the rest are.

Thanks Dadeo.

Attachments

• MediaHTPCInfoBAK.zip
      6.9 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My bad TLD - somehow v1.4.5 did not install, so when I checked I still had v1.3.2. Once I updated I could reproduce the issue. Yes, the Section visibility conditions have all changed. They no longer use control IDs (50-53) but SectionView properties (Overview, Details, Gauges, Summary).

Updated in aMPed SVN. Please verify if those work for you.

To modify your custom xmls all you need to do is find/replace (in the respective section xmls):
    • Control.IsVisible(50) -> string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView,Overview)
    • Control.IsVisible(51) -> string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView,Details)
    • Control.IsVisible(52) -> string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView,Gauges)
    • Control.IsVisible(53) -> string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView,Summary)
    Or you could redo your customizations from the new aMPed skin files ofc. Thanks for catching/reporting that TLD.

ltfearme - It seems you don't need to keep the separate control IDs in HTPCInfo.xml anymore since they are no longer used for visibility. However, it doesn't seem to cause any problems if you leave them.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thanks Dadeo, are there any other changes that need testing? If not i will just change the Section visibility conditions as i have not been running the SVN for a while. I figured i'd start running it again after MP 1.3 came out to test for problems.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No there are no other changes loaded to aMPed SVN because I am working on aMPed 3.4 which is a complete rewrite (scaled down from 16x9 instead of up from 4x3).
    Here's a rar file of the aMPed skin files for HPTC Info 1.4.5

Attachments

• aMPed 3.3.3 Htpc Info 1.4.5.rar
      6.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom