HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi pur_berger,
... for example if teh sensor is originally Titled CPU Fan you need to change it to CPUFan to use it in your plugin as the sensor is #whatever in one word...
This procedure is explained in the manual and is required, because the skin engine of MediaPortal does not support properties with spaces inside.

... if the original sensor is called +12V for example and you use that naming #Senserwhatever+12V it is going to display the variable name instead of the value - so you need to change it to 12V so the sensor name is #Senserwhatever12V which is working
The same as above, a plus sign isn't valid for a skin property name. I'll rework the configuration related sensor detection routine to filter invalid characters.

... The Card I use is a HIS Radeon AMD - HIS is the producer It says AMD Radeon HD6570 driver version 9.2.0.0 ...
Ok, thank you for this clarification. Can you specify, what the Windows system information tool or the WMI query tool says? Due to missing hardware, I can suppose the root cause only.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ... The Card I use is a HIS Radeon AMD - HIS is the producer It says AMD Radeon HD6570 driver version 9.2.0.0 ...
    Ok, thank you for this clarification. Can you specify, what the Windows system information tool or the WMI query tool says? Due to missing hardware, I can suppose the root cause only.

Cheers, Micropolis

Sure - what values do you liek to have - or shoudl I export the info?

Attachments

• video.txt
      1.8 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pur_berger,
    some minutes before a new build of HTPCInfo v1.5.5 was uploaded, please check if the plugin can detect and read graphic card related information and sensors. Important hint: I'd read before, that the ATI/AMD sensor API can only be used with driver versions higher 9.3. If you can't see nothing, maybe a card driver update can help.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi pur_berger,
    some minutes before a new build of HTPCInfo v1.5.5 was uploaded, please check if the plugin can detect and read graphic card related information and sensors. Important hint: I'd read before, that the ATI/AMD sensor API can only be used with driver versions higher 9.3. If you can't see nothing, maybe a card driver update can help.

Cheers, Micropolis

Ok - Graphic-Card is selectable now. I think you mean Catalyst 9.3 - the graphic driver shown via wmi is not the catalyst version (I rum 12.10)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    in result of the request from pur_berger the new version of HTPCInfo v1.5.5 was published today and can be downloaded from the first post of this thread and plugin repository.

Plugin related changes:
    • support of sensor provider Open Hardware Monitor (http://openhardwaremonitor.org)
    • rework of configuration dialog including sensor detection routines for Open Hardware Monitor
    • add configuration option "Build skin property from related sensor name" to decide between generic and sensor name specific skin properties (Hint: for existing HTPCInfo installations it's highly recommended to leave this option always on)
    • add property #HTPCInfo.SensorProvider to reflect selected sensor provider
    • improved detection of ATI/AMD graphic cards
    Skin related changes:
    • skin changes are not required
    Due to these major changes, existing Speedfan sensor settings cannot be read anymore from the configuration file mediaportal.xml.
    Please configure the appropriate settings again or adjust the related settings manually (rename TemperatureType<digit>Enabled, TemperatureType<digit>, FanType<digit>Enabled, FanType<digit>, VoltageType<digit>Enabled, VoltageType<digit> to SpeedfanTemperatureType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanTemperatureType<digit>, SpeedfanFanType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanFanType<digit>, SpeedfanVoltageType<digit>Enabled, SpeedfanVoltageType<digit>).

To detect and solve configuration issues, please try the updated HTPCInfo diagnostic tool before posting problem reports here.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello Microcops, I have just updated from the version 1.5.2.0 and from MP's configuration there goes out for me the message of attached mistake, not working the plugin. Thank you

Attachments

• Captura 1.PNG
      Captura 1.PNG
      28.4 KB
    • HTPCINFO.txt
      30.8 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello TOPOSPELEO,
    ... I have just updated from the version 1.5.2.0 and from MP's configuration there goes out for me the message of attached mistake...
    your version of Micropolis.MPCore.dll is outdated, please use the latest version from the installer package.

Cheers, Micropolis

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello TOPOSPELEO,
    ... I have just updated from the version 1.5.2.0 and from MP's configuration there goes out for me the message of attached mistake...
    your version of Micropolis.MPCore.dll is outdated, please use the latest version from the installer package.

Cheers, Micropolis

Ok Micropolis, thank you very much, solved it.
    I have a doubt, to see if someone can explain to me exactly of that the BACKGROUND MODE consists.

Thanks

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alex, the delivered Micropolis.MPCore.dll breaks WorldWeather 1.0.1 (not showing the new properties for weather feeds).
    Replacing it with the one from WorldWeather 1.0.1 solves that problem - but don´t know whether this has all the changes for HTPCInfo 1.5.5 ;)
    (BTW: Same happened when I upgraded MediaTip)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    ... the delivered Micropolis.MPCore.dll breaks WorldWeather 1.0.1 (not showing the new properties for weather feeds)...
    thank you for this hint. A small note please: Published versions (like HTPCInfo v1.5.5) contains the last official version of a library and can break non-official versions, this is a risk of using nightly builds.
    Nonetheless i've updated the WorldWeather build, now the library is in sync.

Cheers and thanks, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom