HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi ph0b0s101,
... Hm sorry i forgot to mention, that i am using mediaportal 1.2.3, so the Download from your link dosen't work because its for mediaportal 1.3a...
take a look to this thread.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Micropolis!

As I'm fighting currently with getting Speed Fan to show correct values ... I found this application

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

which gave me from Start accurate values (even with Watt). So I was thinking - maybe it's a good idea to switch from SpeedFan to this app to make setup easier?

Attachments

• SF.JPG
      SF.JPG
      42.1 KB
    • OH2.JPG
      OH2.JPG
      48.9 KB
    • OH1.JPG
      OH1.JPG
      82.3 KB
    Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've configured the plugin as per the manual for volts, temps, etc......

Capture.PNG......Capture1.PNG......Capture2.PNG......Capture8.PNG ......

......and made the necessary changes in the skin file......

Capture4.PNG......Capture5.PNG......

......but some values aren't showing in MP......

Capture6.PNG......

......I've tried using various combinations of list order in the HTPC config for each section (ie. temp, fan, volts) to not follow the order of listing in SpeedFan and have varying results but it doesn't seem to follow any logical pattern?

Also, I have noticed that any gauge image required to show a reading of 100% actually shows a reading of 0%?......

Capture7.PNG......

Any help appreciated.

Regards.

EDIT: Another issue I have is that the "Synchronize Time" doesn't seem to work within MP. I've checked this outside of MP by changing to an incorrect time and updating time settings from Windows (using time.windows.com) and it resets the time sucessfully.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kjegibbons, pur_berger,
    ...but some values aren't showing in MP...
    I think, characters like "+" cannot be used inside property names. Please rename "+12V" to "Volt" (or another unique string) and try again. I also suggest to run the diagnostic tool and post the report and your configuration (see mediaportal.xml).

Also, I have noticed that any gauge image required to show a reading of 100% actually shows a reading of 0%?...
    I could'nt understand what you mean, sorry.

... Another issue I have is that the "Synchronize Time" doesn't seem to work within MP...
    Which timeserver do you have configured? Which result gives the diagnsotic tool?

... I found this application http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/ which gave me from Start accurate values...
    I cannot find any interfaces or API descriptions until now. Please give a feedback, I you know more.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ... I found this application http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/ which gave me from Start accurate values...
    I cannot find any interfaces or API descriptions until now. Please give a feedback, I you know more.

Cheers, Micropolis

This is what I see on their Homepage:

The Open Hardware Monitor publishes all sensor data to WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). This allows other applications to read and use the sensor information as well. A preliminary documentation of the interface can be found here.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi kjegibbons, pur_berger,
    1. I think, characters like "+" cannot be used inside property names. Please rename "+12V" to "Volt" (or another unique string) and try again. I also suggest to run the diagnostic tool and post the report and your configuration (see mediaportal.xml).

2. I could'nt understand what you mean, sorry.

3. Which timeserver do you have configured? Which result gives the diagnsotic tool?

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

1. Rather than using alphabetic characters I changed to numeric and (almost) everything is fine. The only problem I have now is that Speed Fan does not indicate my +5V rail and +12V rail at the correct values......Capture5.PNG......Capture6.PNG......

......I know this is most likely to be a problem with SpeedFan rather than your plugin.

2. I know it's hard to see but I have a small "bar" indicator to the right of the entry for all other drives apart from C drive. I have a small partition on another drive at 100% capacity and the bar indicator shows 0%. (Please see bar indicator just above the arrow in my previous post screenshot).

3. I'm using "time.windows.com" for both Windows and HTPC config......Capture.PNG......Capture1.PNG......even though the plugin reports as successful my actual time was approx......Capture4.PNG

I have tried running the diagnostic tool but receive the error......Capture3.PNG......

......any advice appreciated.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    kjegibbons,
    ... I know it's hard to see but I have a small "bar" indicator to the right of the entry for all other drives apart from C drive. I have a small partition on another drive at 100% capacity and the bar indicator shows 0%.
    Again, without your configuration I can only assume, in which way this issue can be fixed. Is it a local drive, network drive, is it configured correctly, maybe a skin issue? I don't know, really.

I have tried running the diagnostic tool but receive the error...
    The error message has informed you about missing assemblies. Please copy all mentioned libraries into the same directory (temporary), where the diagnostic tool is located and re-run it.

Cheers, Micropolis

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does this work with 1.3 alpha? When I install it, it complains about the tv library thing not being the same version as MP.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here for the Tvserver Monitor using 1.3alpha. Is it possible to get an update for 1.3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom