Hulu Desktop (1 Viewer)

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ixian,
    If you hit the OK button, doest that bring up the menu and pause?

Thanks for that, it does work, however how are you all getting it to stop/exit back to MediaPortal? That's the last thing not really working for me.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Ixian,
    If you hit the OK button, doest that bring up the menu and pause?

Thanks for that, it does work, however how are you all getting it to stop/exit back to MediaPortal? That's the last thing not really working for me.

Whenever you bring up the menu, exit is at the bottom of the list.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    Keep in mind Hulu Desktop only support a 6 button remote (up, down, left, right, ok and back). There is currently no separate pause/play, ff, rev, jump, skip etc. left-right works as skip/back, ok works as enter/play/pause, back as back/esc/menu etc. Hotkey support is as limited as the remote button support, so for people with more advanced remote controls it is limited what you will be able to do.

I programmed my play, pause, ff, rev, and a few other navigational buttons to mimic the most logical function of the 6 buttons Hulu Desktop supports. Hopefully they will improve this in future versions.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Not everyone has tearing issues. In fact, quite a few don't. Instead of chalking it up to an unfixable issue why not look in to why it's tearing for you?

I agree, I do not have ANY tearing issues with Hulu or Netflix on my server or 3 clients. How fast is your internet connection?

10megs down 2 up. Should be more than adequate...

I have tried everything I have ever seen posted on correcting tearing with flash and Silverlight. Nothing works. Further I do not see any options anywhere in the ATI CCC for vsync. I would love to try it, but I have never been able to find that particular option.

Ok, I found the vsync setting. Still tears, it's not as bad, but I was also only watching the Tonight Show..

customized

Portal Member
    May 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Helloo all. I'm having the same issue with the focus. I tried starting hulu with MyPrograms and MultiShortcut plug ins. I like multishortcut more since it adds a direct button. Even with the "hide during launch" option set in multi, hulu always comes up underneath MP.

And since MP doesn't quite work right without being "always on top" I'm having to close out of MP to watch hulu. Not the worst, just put a launch MP button on the Harmony 550 but it'd be nice if it was automatic. All in all, much better than the web interface for using the ol' CRT tv.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes in the next couple months.

junkiepilot

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Helloo all. I'm having the same issue with the focus. I tried starting hulu with MyPrograms and MultiShortcut plug ins. I like multishortcut more since it adds a direct button. Even with the "hide during launch" option set in multi, hulu always comes up underneath MP.

And since MP doesn't quite work right without being "always on top" I'm having to close out of MP to watch hulu. Not the worst, just put a launch MP button on the Harmony 550 but it'd be nice if it was automatic. All in all, much better than the web interface for using the ol' CRT tv.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes in the next couple months.

how did you put a launch MP button on your harmony? i would like to do the same.

customized

Portal Member
    May 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I use this Antec IR receiver with the harmony remote: Newegg.com - Antec Mult-Station EZ External IR receiver and remote - Case Accessories

It allows mapping of buttons to keystrokes. The short story on the setup is that you tell your PC in the receiver software that you're using a Windows Media Center remote, and you setup a the harmony to act as one.

Then you can map the "My Video" or "My TV" button on the remote do something either in Media Portal, or your OS.

The software that runs on the PC (it won't function without the USB receiver plugged in, but you can check it out here http://www.antec.com/download/iMON_7_40_0806_ANTEC.zip) allows one "quick launch" program that will start up with a press of a button. I chose MP of course! So I setup the receiver so that when I hit the "My Videos" button it launches MP. And I put the button in the LCD window custom button area and called it Media Portal to keep the woman of the house happy!

Hope this helps, you might have something similar on your receiver software.

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    I'm currently using minidisplay to handle my remote commands. Does anyone know if this will issue general remote commands to hulu when hulu is the active window? Or are all of the remote commands read in by the minidisplay plugin only going to issue mediaportal commands? I havent quite figured out if it should be possible for me to control Hulu with minidisplay controlling the IR receiver com port.

If I am able to send hulu commands, anyone figure out what 'commands' hulu looks for? I don't have an MCE remote - I am using the VL system VFD/IR receiver.

tranquil

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2008
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Tip

Non-US users can access this content by using:

AnchorFree

This is tested and working in the UK.

Only problems I have are some aspects of the remote do not work: Left, right, up, down, enter(ok) work fine.

How do you use Previous (back)? And are Play, pause etc... supposed to work?

This also works for me, but EXTREMELY slow :(

Apparently there's too many hops or slow server on the way....

i've got a 4mb adsl line, and it's unwatchable via this proxy....

if anyone finds a better solution for non-us i'd love to hear about it !! :D

customized

Portal Member
    May 8, 2009
    Home Country
    hulu keystrokes

I'm currently using minidisplay to handle my remote commands. Does anyone know if this will issue general remote commands to hulu when hulu is the active window? Or are all of the remote commands read in by the minidisplay plugin only going to issue mediaportal commands? I havent quite figured out if it should be possible for me to control Hulu with minidisplay controlling the IR receiver com port.

If I am able to send hulu commands, anyone figure out what 'commands' hulu looks for? I don't have an MCE remote - I am using the VL system VFD/IR receiver.

Hey there,

I don't know anything about minidisplay, but Samundsen talked about some of the commands in a previous post.

Hulu looks for keystrokes. Up, down, left, right, esc (for toggleing between the menu and the video), enter and space do the same thing (pause the video and bring up a mini menu and start a buffer).

Even if it's not perfect, hulu desktop is pretty nice huh!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom