Hulu Desktop (1 Viewer)

griffindodd

Portal Pro
March 28, 2009
Hi,

What I finally found was in the IMON manager software, there was a setting under the IMON Utilities tab/Application Launch for "Exclusive Mode". I unchecked this and all works perfectly now. (I have MP set up as my quick launch button on the remote, so that is where this comes in). I now have Hulu set up as a program in the Imon software, and the remote keypresses act to control Hulu.

Hope this helps someone save a little time, sorry if the post was a little rambling,
Michael

Great catch, this solved my problem too, I set up an application profile in iMon and just used the default XP Media center profile and this is working so slick I can't believe it. I'd hoped someone would hack Hulu into MP but this is more than I could have hoped for :eek:

Good stuff

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Because I had to delete a part of my apps.cfg of my IRTrans remote, my remote doesn't work under Hulu. I'm looking to create a separate section for Hulu in my apps.cfg, but for that I will need the App and Classname for Hulu Desktop. Does anybody know how to do this?

thewooddogg

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    i set this up yesterday as well. it works pretty damn well. i used the multishortcut plugin to create a link, and used this guide to make that link available in the streamedmp skin's basic home: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/

and i even made an image to use as a backdrop in streamedmp if anyone wants to use it: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/antgash/hulu.jpg

I tried this and its not working for me... when I click on the new menu item I created, it just blanks the mediaportal screen then restarts it a few seconds later, never launching Hulu desktop.

Any ideas?

I have this same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i set this up yesterday as well. it works pretty damn well. i used the multishortcut plugin to create a link, and used this guide to make that link available in the streamedmp skin's basic home: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/

and i even made an image to use as a backdrop in streamedmp if anyone wants to use it: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/antgash/hulu.jpg

I tried this and its not working for me... when I click on the new menu item I created, it just blanks the mediaportal screen then restarts it a few seconds later, never launching Hulu desktop.

Any ideas?

I have this same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

i think i was a bit high when i fixed it... so i'm not entirely sure how i got it working, and i'm at work now... BUT i think it had to do with updating the multishortcut files. depending on which version of MP you're using one of these should fix the problem. i think i ultimately ended up deleting all the multishortcut files and reinstalling new ones. it seemed that simply over-writing old ones with new ones caused some problems.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ograms-home-menu-7425/index32.html#post513267

WombatMan

Portal Member
    September 25, 2008
    Hey I'm having some problems with this and was hoping I could get a hand. I installed MultiShortcut and set it up using the directions that came with it. I have a menu item for Hulu, but when I try to launch it, I get this:

hulu_mp.jpg

This is how I have it configured right now:

hulu_mp2.jpg

Here's what I've tried:

- Set all the options under General to False
    - Enter the location of the HuluDesktop.exe file (minus the actual file name) in the 'Directory' box
    - I've entered things into the ButtonImage, ButtonImageFocus, and Picture boxes

Nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:

Cancel that. I reinstalled MultiShortcut, took the same options, and now it works like a champ. Not sure what the problem was, but whatever works.

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Hulu desktop has a great interface... and I have it launching cleanly from within MP, but the quality sucks compared to watching directly from the web. With the beta 10.1 flash I have perfect HD and SD streams when viewing them from the web, but with the desktop application I get frame drops and a jerky picture.

This is on an AMD780G system

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Hulu desktop has a great interface... and I have it launching cleanly from within MP, but the quality sucks compared to watching directly from the web. With the beta 10.1 flash I have perfect HD and SD streams when viewing them from the web, but with the desktop application I get frame drops and a jerky picture.

This is on an AMD780G system

Seems like all the pieces of hardware offload are not yet in place. If you have not read it yet take a look at this article.
    AnandTech: AnandTech Tests GPU Accelerated Flash 10.1 Prerelease

Most importantly this page that discusses the state of HW acceleration for the integrated ATI platforms
    AnandTech: AnandTech Tests GPU Accelerated Flash 10.1 Prerelease

I stopped short of updating my Nvidia drivers on my main MP system. It took me a long time to find the correct video driver & HDMI cable combination where I could get suspend/resume and the picture would to come back on the TV all working.

I am betting by Jan 1st both ATI and Nvidia have stable drivers that support Flash HW acceleration and the flash 10.1 released version gets pushed out to everyone by Feb or March.

steve760

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a fully working solution, what it does is add the button to launch Hulu into your skin, using Multishortcut, then upon launching Hulu it closes MP, upon closing Hulu using the stop button of your remote control MP will be restart. Works great for me, also it looks great in StreamedMP, I also have integration for Monocrome and the two stock blue's. This works on Win 7/Vista 32 and 64, I can modify the Hulu_starter to work with XP as well. I currently use it with 7 64 bit.

Let me know if interested and I will start a thread for it with the download for the package.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom