I Propound new Splash for 0.3 + PSD (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    eLow said:
    A more conservative approach:

mpsplash1.gif

I'm also for this one, except maybe move the v0.2 under the Mediaportal text and align the loading blablah to the left edge of the mediaportal text.

Nice and clean. Don't tie it to a skin. If we can learn anything from apple its that simplicity is key.

Inker

marshall

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The one thing that eats at me about this one is that the light sources are not uniform. Could it be rendered so the reflections from the text are at the same angle as the shadows off the speakers? (Maybe that's not right, as reflection and shadowing would work from different light sources anyway; it's just the straight vertical reflection, but then angled shadowing, it just seems like something is off).

It does make sense to either go with something generic or something that is customized per skin though, rather than a splash based off a skin that stays regardless of the skin.

Oh, and in the example I posted second, I agree the smaller one earlier was better, I was just trying the vertical gradient.

O

~ok|

my preference goes to the more minimalist and generic splash screen so far:

madsrh said:
    fast. Anyway, here is rough sketch... (1024x768) Also it's a little too big!

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7223/mpdesktopcq5.jpg

(perhaps the box current location on screen is not the best)

then to the 3DMP based one. The argument against its relationship to a skin is debatable, at least it seamlessly fits with *one* skin (and the one that will be used by 80% of all MediaPortal users).

IMHO (no offense intended) there are not enough changes in eLow's one to consider dropping the current one in this case. If it has to be changed then maybe better change it for something really different.

I believe I've polluted enough this thread and should stop posting from now on :)D)

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    I definitely vote for the blue splash or a derivative - gives MP a more professional look!

splashscreen5fh3.jpg

Why are you all moving back to the white one? It's not much different looking than what we have now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    You may be correct about never solving it but hey where is the fun in just giving up :) I'm sure I can do what you are saying if the need arises (y) I also use a combination of Harmony One remote, FLIRC and Eventghost to do automated startup and other script based commands. I initiate from the remote stuff like run xxcopy command to...
    You may be correct about never solving it but hey where is the fun in just giving up :) I'm sure I can do what you are saying if...
    I have just updated my mobo and installed Win 10. I then imported all my old settings that were working ok on my old Win 7 system...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Add version info to settings section DE
    looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log files, which is very uncomfortable with remote.
    looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log...
    Can you not just add an option version in the general settings, so you can see the client version and the connected server version...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom