Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, guys. I'm still dedicated to do the serverpart for the logo manager. Just been on a busy schedule. What I'd like to do in the end is a) a WCF services that exposes all methods needed by the client to query for the right (and updated) logos. For that I want a small UML to model the objects and their relation so I can easily generate a DB layer from it. Plus we will all understand better how logos, channels and anything else is related. Talking about a visual model helps us get the right thing done from the start.
    The WCF Service can be easily queried from the Client, Visual Studio will generate the wrapper for all the methods. Keeping in in a relational model in the DB would totally free us from havng to maintain some xml files. I'd write a small asp.net website for the Admin part (uploading new logos, modifying mappings, ...).

Found a free online UML diagramming tool we can all collaborate with:
    https://sketchboard.me/XyEiIG9xHcwp

I started to add some basics, maybe you can quickly add some more objects and properties?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's open for collaboration. So if you know what your doing it's fine. But I think we have to be careful who changes it when, cause I guess 2 at the same time is gonna make one of the users loose the changes ;)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's open for collaboration. So if you know what your doing it's fine. But I think we have to be careful who changes it when, cause I guess 2 at the same time is gonna make one of the users loose the changes ;)
    Not sure if it helps, but within JIRA there is a possibility to create such things as well:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/jira-tips-tricks.119732/#post-1003190

But it might not be that easy and fast to use like yours, but it supports versioning and changelogs:
    Unbenannt.PNG

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Well, I'm very bad in object oriented modeling but I tried with this board. Please check, @offbyone, if I got the idea

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some adjustments, but I feel we are not all in the same boat about the whole Pack-Channel-Provider relations :(

I think a Pack rather links to the Alias of a Channel? Otherwise how does the client know which alias to use? Or who does create the Alias for a channel? The Packcreator? The Logo uploader?
    (more questions to come so we can get the model right)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Pack shoud have alias list for every supported channel name, as same channels can have different names on different providers. Actually pack will have only aliases, as it makes no difference between alias and channel name - it just has alias list assigned to every logo.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    if we continue to work on schema with sketchboard, then we need to post descriptions of our changes. Here or on board as a comment?

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We should move to Jira as chefkoch proposed, it allows comments.
    I started one as EntityRelationModel now:
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-342

But we should keep the discussions in this thread.
    Maybe best if I edit the diagram and you review my changes so we can discuss what I assumed wrong :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have now changed the Pack to have a relation to Alias instead of Channel.
    The reason is:
    A channel is unique in the world, we can identify it by website or very specific name. Regardless of what provider broadcasts it under what name and what pack contains a logo for it.

Now my assumption:
    When a PackMaintainer decides to put a logo for that channel into his pack, he will do that for a specific channel under a specific (and just one) name?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom