Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
if the channel is unique - then logo should also be unique, independent on broadcaster. But plugin will search not channel names, but aliases. So for that there should be at least one alias for every channel - it can be just a copy of channel name.
Another thing: if we will have global storage for all logos, then pack creator can reuse existing logo in his pack, and just create appropriate aliases.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is what the current model says: (I can add a new object for the logofile)
    The actual logo image would have the Id of the Alias and a Pack references a Channel only by its Alias (so an Alias is required to put it into a Pack).

For sharing logos, this would be complicated if we don't duplicate the logo image:
    If two packs reference the same logo image file, who is the "Owner" and allowed to change it?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    well, maybe i set wrong arrowheads for relations between objects.
    logo image just has to be there. It shouldn't know about owner.
    The owner of an image is a channel. pack has link to channel and aliases for this pack.

If two packs reference the same logo image file, who is the "Owner" and allowed to change it?
    I guess the committer :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do we really need to store the providers in this model? This could cause a lot of redundant information which needs to be maintained.
    I would only store:
    channel [Name, Type, Website, Logo] <-> alias
    I'm not sure if a "pack" is a combination of channels or aliases. My feeling is, that a pack is more a collection of channels.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logo image can't be directly on the Channel -> I though different packs may have different logos for the same Channel?
    Example:
    offbyone creates Pack "ObO's pink TV collection" for German TV stations like "ZDF" and I upload channel logos all in Pink.
    vasilich creates Pack "German TV" for German TV stations like "ZDF" and uploads the regular logos.

In this example we both create a new Alias "ZDF" for the actual Channel "ZDF" but each of us has attached a different Logo Image to the Alias.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought the logo is only the "raw" logo, which will be later modified by the style templates (classic, glossy, or your pink).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    good question. my original idea was:
    For MP2 I could think about following use case:
    Logo is requested by "channel name" from client
    MP2-Server plugin looks up:
    Channel name / file name mapping
    Existing local file name from cache
    Online download of channel "template"
    For new requested channels we use the selected style, process the logo once, cache it
    We implement a client settings plugin, which allows
    Selection of the preferred online repository (i.e. "German")
    Selection of the preferred style
    --> so a "pack" was for me only the repository source, where I can find alias/logo combination. I planned to do the processing of "raw to nice" logo on demand, depending on selected template.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    we need packs because different providers can use the same channel name for different channels. Example: RTL in Germany and France/Luxembourg/Belgium are totally different channels, but having the same name.
    So the one who lives in Germany will take german pack where german version of RTL is used (as channel name there can be "RTL ger") with alias "RTL", and user from Netherlands will take Holland-Pack where "RTL fra" is used with same alias "RTL".

I planned to do the processing of "raw to nice" logo on demand, depending on selected template.
    this is how it works right now - clear logo will be downloaded when needed, and selected design (background, overlay, some effects) applied locally.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom