Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just checked the online repository, we now have DE+CH available (y)

But what about the other countries? I think there are much more available. Could we import them before we release a new MP2 version at end of August?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Edalex posted links to other repos on previous page.
    We need to start thinking about doubles (we already have enough in current DE+CH) - how those should be handled? Which from several logos should be taken? I can't imagine any automatic tool to do that - it is just a bunch of manual work (at least comparing and select which logo looks better...)
    @offbyone any chance to get list of doubled logos (not by filename, but by channel alias) for easier rework?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just checked the online repository, we now have DE+CH available (y)
    But what about the other countries? I think there are much more available. Could we import them before we release a new MP2 version at end of August?

Basically all TV logos sorted by country. I don't know if the naming of channels is feasible, but at least everything available on one page.
    If same channels are available in different countries only the ending differs. E.g. Arte: Germany = arte_de, France = arte_fr

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/tvcountry.html

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone any chance to get list of doubled logos (not by filename, but by channel alias) for easier rework?
    Not a list yet, but there's already the http://channellogos.nocrosshair.de/FindLogo.aspx FindLogo Page where you enter the Alias and get all results if you leave the country empty.
    But we first need to import all channel mappings and then a new page where we can eliminate the dupli(multi)cates quickly.

And we still have the open question about how the client knows when a logo was updated on the server, what method is needed, as right know the info is not given to the client at all.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And we still have the open question about how the client knows when a logo was updated on the server, what method is needed, as right know the info is not given to the client at all.
    I would add a "GetUpdatedLogos(DateTime updatedSince, string[] logoNames, ...)" (like the GetLogos, only with additional timestamp)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just look at the Logo site and discovered my user ID was deleted, ok I created a new one.
    I also see the U.S. logos are not listed.

I have a lot of the US logos and see there is an import function.
    If I put these on my web server and point the importer at the URL, will it grab them all and place them under the Region of my choice?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The current Web is still in Testing. So expect data to be lost. Use it for testing and finding bugs, missing features - but don't put effort into uploading logos. For that create the older way mapping file still. (Which is what can be imported).

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I uploaded my first canadian TV logo at http://channellogos.nocrosshair.de/.

Can someone tell me when it will be available for MP2? I need to properly test before sending my 90 logos.
    It just just needed to be approved by someone under Suggestion/List Open on the top left. For that many logos, it would be easier to create a repository for the older LogoManager and use its mapping tools, then import them into the website using Channels\Import. You used alias correctly BTW :)

The current Web is still in Testing. So expect data to be lost. Use it for testing and finding bugs, missing features - but don't put effort into uploading logos. For that create the older way mapping file still. (Which is what can be imported).

Since it's still just a test, I imported the US logos. It got all the radio logos but only 825 of 1277 TV logos were imported. There was an error finding 'KUBEDT4 (MeTV).png', which was just a mapping error. It also listed 'A Graphics object cannot be created from an image that has an indexed pixel format.' but no mention of which logo, do you have any logs on your end that show which image(s) caused the error?

I've also noticed that under Suggest new Logo/Alias for existing channel, if a common name is searched for (e.g. France 24) only the first instance can be selected. It may also be better to use the file name for the Name field during an import rather than the first alphabetical alias, I think that the former is more likely to be the channel's proper name.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I add more logos from Canada today and they imports all by themself in MP2. Could be great to have a way to edit the name after they are created.

I had difficulty to upload 1 logos of Discovery Channel, Always get error until I realise that it's the name Discovery Channel that caused the error. I decided to change the name to 1520 TDCCHD and the sites accepted the logo. But I would like it to be named Discovery Channel and not 1520 TDCCHD !

LogoManager is a Great feature !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom