Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I could not let it to import it on the website. While processing I had 4 times a interruption of service.
    first time: time exceeded - second: 1 logo not found (404 error) - etc.

another import was only tv logos without the radio. I thought that the import takes shorter and the browser timed out no replies. I received the message: no radio path specified (abort). but apparently he has the tv logos still be imported. This will be the reason why the tv logos 5 times and the radio logos were imported 4 times.

I also think that the browser was just timed out. Thanks for deleting the DB!
    If you like you can import the logos. I suspect that this works now clean (since I do not manipulate several times). :)

I still looking the logs from the MePo1 logo-imports. Perhaps individual processes take too long. Maybe I can still optimize something ..

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright I imported the CH channels now as well.

Since I do not check for existing channels when running the import, we can already see a lot of channels now, that are duplicate.

Example:
    Got to the find logo page and type "13th Street". You'll see there are two of them with slightly different logo image and one with region CH and one with region DE. In fact this should be one channel with region DE (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Street_Universal).

How do we want to handle this? Fix duplicates manually after importing? Leave them as is? I am sure if I import more xml files we will get more "copies" of channels and images.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Nice it worked, thank you!
    It was clear that it has many duplicate. Therefore, your question is very important. I can not answer alone.

If you merge this with the above example it would be better as a first step to determine a mastercard logo (13th street = DE). If the quality is right, it would be cool to have the opportunity - in this case the Swiss alias - to assign with the master logo (sub-branch). If the quality is bad, we take the master logo from the Swiss one and make it to the master... and so on..
    A separate websites view to edit the duplicate to be necessary. perhaps the simplicity better (put check mark: master / aliases; to delete others; directly upload a better one; etc. ...) in a matrix form.

But I'm not sure whether the work is worth, since MEPO 1 is not supplied with this database. May I ask why (I do not know what makes the difference)?
    If it can not go: would be great if we could export the LogoMapping.xml. Otherwise we have again the situation to manage logos on two fronts and I'm definitly prefer yours one.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The library is intended to work in any application. You could simply switch the current download and processing logic by the new API

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The webservice can even be used by any application that seeks logos for broadcasting stations (xbmc as well).

I'll think of a new page to list and resolve duplicates. Also needed is a page to edit a channel. But I'm only one human ;)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I agree with you. I respect your work very!

Another scenario that comes to mind:
    in the German package there is a logo named 'SF' whose picture and name is outdated. This is a logo of a Swiss station (SRF 1). I understand that it is difficult for the German package maintainer that to know (the same for me). We should have the possibility to can the 'SF' logo re-assign as an alias to the master logo 'SRF 1' (of course with the old DE-package name: 'SF').

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in the German package there is a logo named 'SF' whose picture and name is outdated. This is a logo of a Swiss station (SRF 1). I understand that it is difficult for the German package maintainer that to know (the same for me). We should have the possibility to can the 'SF' logo re-assign as an alias to the master logo 'SRF 1' (of course with the old DE-package name: 'SF').

Yes basically the same thing. We should merge both into one channel (meaning one logo), use the best and latest logo, mark the channel as CH and attach all Aliases to that channel. This way it would be found by a German client and Swiss client (and actually any other client). It would then be easier to maintain only one channel and add new aliases or change the logo one time which affects all.

And here one thing came to my mind that we haven't discussed and is not treated in the webservice:
    A logo can change! How should we handle this with the webservice? The information is already stored in the DB (a Date field on Logo and Channel). But how should the client get that info? When/why does the client re-request a logo?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    We discussed it and as I remeber you told about retrieving logos changed after specfic time and date.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom