Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Ideas for Music Section

Is it possible to add the cuesheet fields "REM DATE", "REM GENRE", SONGWRITER and the tag "Disc#" for discimages with cuesheets too?
    And years ago (March 2008) i have posted this screenshot ->
    18295d1205393758-sorting-mediafiles-albuminterpret.jpg

I still think, that this is a great view, maybe it is possible to add a view like this!

Best regards

H

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I think we can nearly do what you want already and perhaps with a little tweak we can come close.
    (my initial thought is that you can already set a single restriction so you could have a view
    Genre => restriction = "Classical"
    Composer
    Album
    Tracks
    and call this view Classical and then it works. Only issue is you want multiple values in restriction which is currently not catered for... I will look at this
    Thanks, jameson_uk

Your approach works, but could be improved IMO. This is due to the fact that in MP, as soon as you add a level of restriction (Genre => Restriction = "Classical"), this level is also PRESENTED to the user.

So, when I choose the View in your examplbe, MP presents an item called classical (i.e. the restriction), which I then need to press to get the list of composers. Instead, choosing the view should directly show me the list of composers.

Providing an option to hide levels or mark them invisible would probably solve this issue.

G.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Your approach works, but could be improved IMO. This is due to the fact that in MP, as soon as you add a level of restriction (Genre => Restriction = "Classical"), this level is also PRESENTED to the user.

So, when I choose the View in your examplbe, MP presents an item called classical (i.e. the restriction), which I then need to press to get the list of composers. Instead, choosing the view should directly show me the list of composers.

Providing an option to hide levels or mark them invisible would probably solve this issue
    I know it is not as slick as it could be but I think to achieve this would require a full rewrite which is not going to happen.

I am testing something now which might actually do what you want but is fairly complex and messy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section

Is it possible to add the cuesheet fields "REM DATE", "REM GENRE", SONGWRITER and the tag "Disc#" for discimages with cuesheets too?
    This is an import issue and I think hwahrmann did mention this was possible a long time ago when I was badgering him about cuesheets.... I don't know enough about this but I will ask

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section

I still think, that this is a great view, maybe it is possible to add a view like this!

Such would require a completely new UI component. Currently there is no list controls that can display such.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Interesting topic. Here's what was planned for the MusicEvolution plugin before the coders disappeared from MePo forums:

* Support for portable devices (after a one time setup, instant recognition with local/device stored playlist support)
    * Global search box with input for keyboard and SMS-style (for your remote control)
    * Additional playlist paths can be set up in MP configuration
    * Careful RegEx parser for "automatic" finding of artist/album-data from files with lack of proper ID3 tagging
    * Support for online data grabbing with script support like Moving Pictures for localization
    * User interaction for unmatched/conflicting files directly in GUI like MP TV-Series
    * Commit downloaded data to ID3-tag (available as "Hidden feature" in the GUI?)
    * "Hidden" advanced GUI options - show file path | mark database entries as incorrect/re-scan
    * Multiple layouts to choose from in GUI
    * Ability to give the plugin a custom name to show up in Home/Plugins list
    * In-Plugin Artwork browser - A browser to watch the scraper results for artwork, and also browse, select, delete existing artwork

Available database fields:
    Artist | Album artist | Album | Track name | Genre | Duration | Remixer | Album artwork | Artist artwork
    Album rating | Track rating | Bitrate | Sample rate | Bit size | Sample freq. | Composer | Disc. no
    Date added | Year | Lyrics | Resume marker data (for audio books) | Custom | Mood

"Album" and "Artist" would need some clever planning to allow for biography/discovery data as well.

Context menu (content dynamic options when browsing track, album or artist views):
    * Add to playlist
    * Change view
    * Artist fanart menu (enable/disable, like MP TV-Series)
    * Show extended options ("hidden GUI options") | pin code required
    * Settings | Show lyrics: on/off | Randomize available fanart: on/off

Playlist specific options:
    * Merge current playlist into saved playlist (select this, and all your saved playlists will be listed)
    -> confirmation "Are you sure?" yes/no -> save playlist as new yes/no
    * playlist "view filter" : re-arrange by artists | re-arrange by album | re-arrange by genre | re-arrange by play time
    (this will change the sorting descending, choose a "re-arrange" again to sort ascending)
    * Shuffle current playlist
    * When saving a playlist, you can set a "mood" marker for it, like "Party", "Make out-music", "Fancy dinner".
    You can use pre-defined or name them "on the fly"

But more important is the possibility to import scrapers, so that should some data source "dry up", the scraper can be kept up to date more easily than hardcoded stuff. I have been looking at discogs.com and they have API for data collection: API Documentation

Using the Discogs API, display of "online" data rather than ID3 data can optionally be chosen instead of ID3 tagged data for display in the music section. For example, if you notice that one of your albums are not properly tagged, you can switch to data from Discogs by a menu selection and if you see that the data matches correctly, you can save the data into the database for this item.

Emph

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Might already be listed somewhere above or not possible at all, but i would like to be able to edit the mp3 info inside MP (change genre, album, artist tags, filename etc) while you play the song or browse your music.
    I'm very picky adding my music files but sometimes some slip trough, would be nice if i could chance this inside mp.

Thx

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Might already be listed somewhere above or not possible at all, but i would like to be able to edit the mp3 info inside MP (change genre, album, artist tags, filename etc) while you play the song or browse your music.
    I'm very picky adding my music files but sometimes some slip trough, would be nice if i could chance this inside mp.

Thx

You can ask me for almost anything within Music.
    But i will never implement direct editing of tags in MP.
    I can imagine tagging files using the remote control.

There are a lot of nice Tag Editors arund, which you might use. including my MPTagTHat. :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm not sure if this is already possible but can you have a button to add a song to a playlist/queue? So if a song is playing rather than having to go menu/add to playlist you can say press blue and it will add the song to the current playlist.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    * Support for portable devices (after a one time setup, instant recognition with local/device stored playlist support)
    I don't plan on looking at this. The whole portable device thing is far too messy.

* Global search box with input for keyboard and SMS-style (for your remote control)
    But as previously, how do you expect this to work? why is existing global search plugin not enough?

* Additional playlist paths can be set up in MP configuration
    This is something we can probably look at

* Careful RegEx parser for "automatic" finding of artist/album-data from files with lack of proper ID3 tagging
    * User interaction for unmatched/conflicting files directly in GUI like MP TV-Series
    * Commit downloaded data to ID3-tag (available as "Hidden feature" in the GUI?)
    As above, I agree 100% with hwahrmann and don't intend to do anthing about tagging inside of MP. This goes for importing media too

* Support for online data grabbing with script support like Moving Pictures for localization
    Not sure what this data grabbing is for? If for tags then as above, if for artist info/album info then MP already grabs this info

* "Hidden" advanced GUI options - show file path | mark database entries as incorrect/re-scan
    Not sure what this actualy means or what use it is
    * Multiple layouts to choose from in GUI
    you can already choose from several different layouts in GUI

* Ability to give the plugin a custom name to show up in Home/Plugins list
    As a default plugin not something I will consider

* In-Plugin Artwork browser - A browser to watch the scraper results for artwork, and also browse, select, delete existing artwork
    Something that I will probably look at but this might end up being a new plugin

But more important is the possibility to import scrapers, so that should some data source "dry up", the scraper can be kept up to date more easily than hardcoded stuff. I have been looking at discogs.com and they have API for data collection: API Documentation

Using the Discogs API, display of "online" data rather than ID3 data can optionally be chosen instead of ID3 tagged data for display in the music section. For example, if you notice that one of your albums are not properly tagged, you can switch to data from Discogs by a menu selection and if you see that the data matches correctly, you can save the data into the database for this item.
    again I am not planning to move away from ID3 tags. Possibly something for MP2 but for MP1 I think we will have to assume stuff is tagged correctly

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom