If I install MediaPortal... (1 Viewer)

discoian

Portal Member
August 8, 2006
Hove, UK
...can I use my PC for anything else?

i.e. can I turn off media portal and use my PC as before? Or have it running in the background?

Thanks!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Absolutely!

You can close Mediaportal or simply Minimize it to the tray and use your computer just as you did before. Many people simply elect to have a dedicated pc (an HTPC) that does nothing but run Mediaportal on it, but this is in no way required.

Hope this helps
    Inker

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    No problem, glad I could help.

You will find the forums are very helpful with lots of nice people (well.....mostly, lol) ;-)

Inker

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only if you already have Media Portal fully installed and functional. For all practical purposes you will need an internet connection to get Media Portal properly installed on a PC! Yes.
    On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only...
    is media portal a standalone or is internet connection required for live TV recordings? after scheduling a program will the PC turn...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Auto Rating DE
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Hi, I have done this previously but have just done a fresh install of MP1 (1.34 X64) and for the life of me can't see how to do it...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.31.0 Cannot view Changelog anymore DE
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to determine if this update is necessary for my system or not. Today I wanted to check the Changelog for version 1.34 (1.31 installed on my system) and I was asked for a “Jira” login. I tried to use the same one as...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Replies
    Views
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with Win11 installed. I downloaded and tried installing Mediaportal 1. I chose single click standard installation with no TV. It started working on things and I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom