if there is a scheduled recording in a channel, I can't start manual recording until manual stop (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I don't know it is a bug or a feature but if there is a scheduled recording in a channel, I can't start manual recording until manual stop. I can accept this behaviour but without notify of the user this is not the best solution.

1. Go to TV plugin and create a scheduled recording.
    2. Select same channel as in scheduled recordings.
    3. Select record now and select until manual stop.
    4. The record will not start.

Thanks!

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I have made a patch to prevent showing of the until manual stops option if that is not allowed.

Attachments

• 0001-Do-not-show-manual-recording-until-manual-stop-if-no.patch
      1.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does the scheduled recording have to be running ?

For example, if I was to set a recording for 8pm tonight, then tune to the channel at 12.00 and select 'record now until manual stop' I would expect this to start recording.

I am guessing this is some aspect of conflict management, but you have only posted your MediaPortal client log, so this might not be apparent. It is all a bit strange since you have two tuners. Full logs every time!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I made a clean install (build from latest master branch) on my single-seat test system (laptop with one dvb-t tuner) and I could reproduce this issue.

I created a scheduled recording:
    [2013-09-30 13:49:43,086] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TVProgramInfo.CreateProgram: program = Rocky és Bakacsin kalandjai(ID:498) on 115 2013.09.30. 14:20:00 - 2013.09.30. 14:40:00

Started a recording with until manual stop:
    [2013-09-30 13:49:51,947] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:Record action

The recording does not started.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I made a clean install (build from latest master branch) on my single-seat test system (laptop with one dvb-t tuner) and I could reproduce this issue.

I created a scheduled recording:
    [2013-09-30 13:49:43,086] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TVProgramInfo.CreateProgram: program = Rocky és Bakacsin kalandjai(ID:498) on 115 2013.09.30. 14:20:00 - 2013.09.30. 14:40:00

Started a recording with until manual stop:
    [2013-09-30 13:49:51,947] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:Record action

The recording does not started.

Are you using MDAPI ?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    No. All channels are FTA.

And how many tuners do you have? How many are being used?

It isn't clear to me whether TV was playing when you tried to record the 'current' program.

If you only had one tuner and you were about to start a recording with no clear end, I can see how this would conflict with the schedule. Of course if this is the case, you should be notified.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Yes, the TV was playing when I stared the record.

After select the until manual stop option, the MP check if DoesManualScheduleAlreadyExist(channel) is true or false. If false, start the record. The method will be true if any schedule exist in same channel.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @Testers,

can anyone confirm it? That is usefull information for me if can not confirmed because I need to find the local issue.

Thanks for advance!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can anyone confirm it? That is usefull information for me if can not confirmed because I need to find the local issue.

I can confirm it! Can you create a GIT branch based on you patch. I think this is a very nice idea and avoids confusion.
    Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom