if there is a scheduled recording in a channel, I can't start manual recording until manual stop (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    can anyone confirm it? That is usefull information for me if can not confirmed because I need to find the local issue.

I can confirm it! Can you create a GIT branch based on you patch. I think this is a very nice idea and avoids confusion.
    Thanks! :)

Does it depend on how many tuners you have that are capable of tuning that channel ? I need to test this.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can anyone confirm it? That is usefull information for me if can not confirmed because I need to find the local issue.

I can confirm it! Can you create a GIT branch based on you patch. I think this is a very nice idea and avoids confusion.

Does it depend on how many tuners you have that are capable of tuning that channel ? I need to test this.

No, not for me. I tested with IPTV (2 tuners which can tune all channels) and it is not working.

On one hand I can understand the preventing of an (endless) manual recording because it can conflict with the scheduled recording at some time. Thats why a good compromise is to disable/grey out the 'recording until manual stop option' on that channel like @regeszter suggested (it doesnt work anyway).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

No, not for me. I tested with IPTV (2 tuners which can tune all channels) and it is not working.

On one hand I can understand the preventing of an (endless) manual recording because it can conflict with the scheduled recording at some time. Thats why a good compromise is to disable/grey out the 'recording until manual stop option' on that channel like @regeszter suggested (it doesnt work anyway).

But what if you have another tuner that could tune that channel? I mean, sure you could set a scheduled recording.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But what if you have another tuner that could tune that channel? I mean, sure you could set a scheduled recording.

Yep. That would be best but I think it would be a bigger change to do that I guess (out of scope for TVE3?). For now a simple fix which just disabling that option which won't work anyway would be sufficient?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, it is easy. I moved the checking before the showing of the dialog.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I just set a recording 'until manual stop' on a channel that I have a scheduled recording later this evening. The manual recording started fine.

However, TV wasn't playing at the time.

So, clearly the issues isn't as simple as it seems.

Thinking a bit further, with DVB-T even if you only have one tuner, you should still be fine, since it should be able to view the channel, record the channel now and also record later.

So, what are the precise conditions for reproducing this? Does TV need to be playing when I try to record?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom