if you want ATSC Support... please read and reply! (1 Viewer)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd strongly reccomend a Vbox card instead unless you need QAM. I think Vbox has the best drivers, and IMHO, the tuner is just as good as whatever they are touting now the "LG 5th Generation" hype.

My DTA-150 does a fantastic job in a heavy multipath environment.

Also, let's move ATSC support discussions to here http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12801

So I can keep track of everything in one thread.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    I have an ATI HDTV wonder (which may get returned depending on the response to this).

I'm not just concerned about ATSC but if this card doesn't have hardware MPEG2 compression the analog tuner won't work with with new CVS builds or future releases.

Which digital/analog tuner cards are or are not going to work 100% because of this?

Slack

Portal Member
    January 26, 2005
    NC, USA
    Commodore 64 said:
    I'd strongly reccomend a Vbox card instead unless you need QAM. I think Vbox has the best drivers, and IMHO, the tuner is just as good as whatever they are touting now the "LG 5th Generation" hype.

I will definately keep that in mind. Especially if it becomes fully supported before the Fusions because of better drivers.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Slack said:
    Commodore 64 said:

I will definately keep that in mind. Especially if it becomes fully supported before the Fusions because of better drivers.

I've got recording, timeshifting and viewing working now with the 0205 CVS. EPG support is still off though.

Legend

Portal Member
    February 15, 2006
    Slack said:
    ATM I have no tuner card.

I'll likely get the Fusion HDTV5 because of BTV4 & Meedio. But when I do I'll be sure to help out in whatever fashion I can. As I'm sure that MP will be so very worth it.

I have the FusionHDTV5 and FYI, Meedio doesn't support it, I just tried it today with the latest Meedio 1.38 version.

I've been trying to get it to work in MP, but so far I'm stuck at not being able to tune into any digital channels (I can't seem to figure out how to tell it to use ATSC). I responded to Commodore 64's other thread with this problem, so don't bother replying about it here, just wanted to say that Meedio doesn't work with the Fusion 5.

Legend

neoalex

March 6, 2007
    FusionHDTV5 Gold not detected

After upgrading to the latest version of drivers which were just released a few days ago by DVico, Media Portal would not detect my card (FusionHDTV5 Gold). My guess is it's because DVico changed the names of the Devices, as seen in Device Manager, and also the number. There are now just 3 devices as opposed to 5 before I believe. I also tried today's SVN and that did not help either. Please let me know if there are any changes, thanks. BTW, thinking of getting HDHomerun, is it any good?

JaBu

January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    HDhomerun Channels QAM

this may be the wrong place, but I'm looking for some help on getting my HDhomerun up and running in MP

I've got it recognized and need to get the channels tunned on QAM. I think it is straight forward for OTA but a bit more tricky on QAM. Anyone have any experience?

I've found some help on the SiliconDust forums http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2561

and it sends me to the MCE remapping guide
    http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2503
    but I'm having some troubl;e relating the various fields to MP

As for the product. I'm really impressed. The picture is amazing and channel changing is quick, also, pretty cool to be able to watch it over the home network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom