if you want ATSC Support... please read and reply! (1 Viewer)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It did work for Live TV with a CVS from around that time. I haven't tried anything new since I've spent all my energy getting SageTV configured.

I'm waiting for MP to officially announce ATSC support before I get my hopes up.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    List of USA users with ATSC cards

Here is a list of USA users that have ATSC cards:

SteveV - Fusion5 Lite
    jim tressler - Fusion5 Gold
    Stealth1971 - ATI HDTV Wonder
    denyart - ATI HDTV Wonder
    Boilermaker - Fusion3 Gold Q
    icepick - ATI HDTV Wonder
    MiKKiM - ATI HDTV Wonder
    gmanning - Fusion5 Gold
    pnosker - AverTVHD A180
    Commodore 64 - AverTVHD A180 & VBox DTA 150
    Richtv - ATI HDTV Wonder
    jfath - Fusion5 Gold
    rbublitz - Vbox DTA-151

Here is the breakdown:
    Fusion5 (gold & lite) - 5
    ATI HDTV Wonder - 5
    AverTVHD A180 - 2
    Fusion3 - 1
    VBox DTA 150/151 - 2

edit: Added rbublitz

rbublitz

Portal Member
    November 20, 2005
    vbox dta-151

Put my name down as an owner of a Vbox DTA-151. Basically the same as the DTA-150, just with SVHS in support.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Re: vbox dta-151

rbublitz said:
    Put my name down as an owner of a Vbox DTA-151. Basically the same as the DTA-150, just with SVHS in support.

I edited my post. Sorry, but I didn't know you are from USA.

Mike

Slack

Portal Member
    January 26, 2005
    NC, USA
    Forgive me if this post is too noobtastic. I'm only just starting my research into an HTPC. I'm sure MP is the way to go (I love my XBMC, and as I understand it, MP was born of that).

So.. I just read this thread. And I'm confused....

If I look at the supported cards list, It shows the "Dvico FusionHDTV5 Gold Lite" as having full support ie... the columns are YES YES YES. There is no caveat if one follows the link on the card name.

But given the title & nature of this thread, and it's relative freshness. I'd have expected to see some posts along the lines of 'hey we just finished adding support for the FusionHDTV cards and it works smachingly well, Tell us what you think....' Etc....

So what gives. Is the FusionHDTV Gold / Lite the sensible choice for USA Terrstrial Broadcasts??

DLK

August 15, 2005
    Monrovia, AL
    I'd like to see A180 support as I currently have one of these. Since I see a fair amount of stutter using the Avermedia app (not being able to make WatchHDTV or MCE2005 work with it), I'm open to any solution that works well.

Thanks-
    Dan

DLK

August 15, 2005
    Monrovia, AL
    I was able to get WatchHDTV to work with the A180 this weekend. It turns out that I hadn't paid for the NVIDIA Video Decoder I was trying to use. It didn't occur to me that this was the problem, since the MediaPortal DVD player was able to use the same upaid-for decoder without problems.

Now I get great reception with no stutter on all subchanels in my market (except the lone transmitter that's in the opposite direction), (CPU utilization is less than 10% on an Athlon-64 3500 Venice core processor with no overclocking), so I'm much less prone to blaming the A180 for the reception problems I've been having - I'm convinced that one can get good results with one of these.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom