if you want ATSC Support... please read and reply! (1 Viewer)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Ok guys we have a Dev that can work on ATSC (we could still use more if you can help!)

He would like to know what cards you guys are looking to be supported. If he knows then at least it gives him a starting place to getting the support up and running and more importantly working!

So get your fingers wriggling over that keyboard and get your card support requirements posted!

Thanks

Steve

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i have a fusion 3 Gold Q, which kind of works already with mp and a myhd mdp-130 which doesnt at all. There arent any bda drivers for the myhd card, so i wouldnt expect support for it. I do have a mdp-120 floating around here somewhere (uses the same drivers as the 130, just no QAM support) if a dev wants to borrow it to give it a shot.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As I understand it, Hard-Encode cards are not going to be supported. You'd need to custom code for every one of them. So that puts the MyHD cards out of the running.

Some of the newer Fusion cards apparently use the 5th Generation tuner which is one of the best. It works really well for multipathing problems.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Commodore 64 said:
    ...Some of the newer Fusion cards apparently use the 5th Generation tuner which is one of the best. It works really well for multipathing problems.

Which would be those new Fusion cards? I haven't purchased a HD card yet. I have a ATI all-in-wonder but it isn't supported and unfortunately have a SW Hauppauge card in my system.

Mike

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    As I understand it, Hard-Encode cards are not going to be supported. You'd need to custom code for every one of them. So that puts the MyHD cards out of the running.
    that was my understanding too, that it wasnt impossible, just not likely. that's why i got my old fusion 3 card back from my brother, so i could use it in mp.

mzemina:
    fusion 5 product page: http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/ATSC5Gold.aspx

link to digital connection's product page: http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/fusion5.asp

Even tho the fusion software had gotten better lately, it's still pretty bad. Being able to use mp with these cards would be a major plus. There's also a lite version and a usb version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom