if you want ATSC Support... please read and reply! (1 Viewer)

Stealth1971

Portal Member
October 20, 2005
Chicago, IL
The ATI HD Wonder is what I currently own - it's BDA drivers finally seem pretty stable. I have developed capture code around ATI & A180 - both have good BDA support. If the devs need any help let me know - I had downloaded the latest source from CVS and was going to start debugging the ATSC support - but sounds like someone is already on it!

dcard

November 3, 2005
Houston, TX
Will wait for outcome of this thread....

...it will be the one that developer will focus on first. Understand that the Aver180 may never do more than two cards in a machine....so it will be out for me (want a 4-card server). Hope developer will start with the one with best track record on other platforms, and not "what he has on hand." Would be willing to financially support getting him this BEST card for the starting gate.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Stealth: have you visited #mediaportal on irc.servercentral.net yet? I'm sure you could hook up with konfoo there and go over the ATSC code parts of MP.

MiKKiM

July 28, 2005
    USA
    ATI HDTV Wonder support please!!!

This card has been a real pain in the past, but it has a incredible picture in WatchHDTV with no real problems to speak of with their software. I would really love to use MediaPortal though!!!

gmanning

Portal Member
    August 22, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I vote for the Fusion 5 Gold with the LG tuner. Specifically, support for QAM. OTA support might be easier to implement, but there is a growing base of people that either want QAM support, or must have it due to OTA not being viable in their location for a number of reasons.

Gary

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I got a new antenna yesterday. It's a UHF only, multidirectional antenna. Using this antenna with the Avermedia A180 and the Avermedia software, I can lock on to the stations that were problematic before. The signal does not bounce around but the stuttering is still there, although not quite so bad. A few stations are watchable.

Using the WatchHDTV software, the stuttering is unbearable now.

:?

pnosker

October 11, 2005
    Avermedia A180

My Avermedia A180 seems as good or better than both of my set top HDTV boxes (USDigital and Panasonic). Not sure why you're experiencing the stuttering, maybe your CPU isn't fast enough? I'm running a 2.53ghz A64 with 1.5gb ram.

Richtv

Portal Member
    April 4, 2005
    Massachusetts
    HDTV Wonder

Yes, HDTV Wonder, please. I'm also using WatchHDTV for now.

The other key is to get CPU usage down. For me, the WatchHDTV or ATI MMC app uses about 13%-18% when viewing DTV. The MP 0.1.3 version was running at about 50%- 60% when viewing DTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom