IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (3 Viewers)

pavke

Portal Member
March 11, 2005
Leuven, Belgium
Hi Ron,

I'm afraid things are getting VERY pearshaped now - at least for us poor foreigners ;).
I do not even get my summaries in Dutch anymore - all I get is (very concise - typically one sentence only) English ones.

Apart from all the other problems concerning getting proper foreign titles, that is (of which the seemingly unavoidable and cursed article removal 'feature' certainly tops the list).

Anyway, best wishes to you and thanks for your continued efforts !

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm afraid things are getting VERY pearshaped now - at least for us poor foreigners ;).
    I do not even get my summaries in Dutch anymore - all I get is (very concise - typically one sentence only) English ones.

I'm only able to properly reproduce problems for a US user. Granted I can switch IMDb+ to 'Dutch' language, but my IP remains American then which changes the way a lot of websites provide their information. A quick test just now with my IMDb+ set to Dutch, works fine, so something else is going on for you.

What I have noticed for a few users is that they are getting a lot of connection issues with the default 5 thread setting that MovingPictures uses to import.

Reducing this to '3' in the advanced settings seems to be the perfect choice then to still import fast while at the same time ensuring that there are no problems during a mass import. The IMDb site is handled by Amazon who has usually no problem dealing with a massive onslaught of connections, but even for some users they showed connection issues in their log file. Then ontop of that there is my own server that has to process the IMDb tt-ID to MovieMeter ID conversion and then the MovieMeter API itself providing the Dutch info.

So you will need to help me more to resolve this issue for you. The problems you are facing can be caused by the following:
    1. Connection issues: This would normally show in the movingpictures.log file and reducing the threads in advanced settings can sometimes fix this.
    2. Missing info: MovieMeter simply doesn't have any info for those movies you are adding, or an incorrect lookup is being performed.
    3. IMDb+ scraper-script bug: It is possible of course something changed again somewhere, but then I would think another Dutch user such as @HomeY would have also said something, and my own quick test would have failed.
    That covers the 3 main issues, all three of which would show up in the movingpictures.log file when you set MediaPortal to 'debug' verbosity logging. So please try to recreate the problems you are having and provide me with that log file, so I can see what is happening. I might need you to enable Moving-Pictures scraper-debug setting as well later for even more detailed log files, but lets first pin-point where it goes wrong.

Change the threads under MovingPictures advanced settings to just '1' btw (do not forget to click save/update button after you change value), as this will instantly reveal if the issue is caused by connection issues, but it will also make the log file readable to me when you import more then 1 movie at once.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some additional info: I just added 3 movies to my share and started MovPic config, all 3 were correctly imported with IMDb+ as you can see on this screenshot:
    MovPic_Import.PNG
    And the import results for 1 movie:
    IMDb+ as primary scraper.PNG

My IMDb+ settings:
    16-59-46.png 16-59-50.png 17-00-06.png

Moving Pictures Importer settings:
    MovPic_Importer_Settings.PNG

And importer log attached.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper Script v4.5.1 released, immediatly following by v4.5.2

FIXED: IMDb added link tracking for Directors/Writers/Actors, had to fix RegExp to compensate
    FIXED: Dutch MovieMeter was not getting summary for some users, so extended timeout value to wait 10 seconds vs 5s to obtain the info as it appears MovieMeter is currently taking a little bit longer then usual to respond

The missing Director/Writers/Actors info is only sporadic for some users as Amazon/IMDb is only inserting their new tracking code for certain users only. If you see missing info now, then please adjust IMDb+ plugin settings (if you have Extensions plugin installed) to check for updates upon MediaPortal startup. Otherwise relax, sit back and wait for the default 24 hours since last auto-check to expire.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.5.3 released

That darn IMDb tracking system broke a lot more then just the Actors/Directors/Writers.

So original title, English title for foreign users, certain genres and cover images should all work again. I stress 'should', because I'll need a lot of feedback and confirmation that it does :cool:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.5.4 released

Small tweaks to avoid HTTP 302 redirects, this benefits speed and possibly solve some other weird issues I'm investigating.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Scraper script v4.5.3 released

That darn IMDb tracking system broke a lot more then just the Actors/Directors/Writers.

So original title, English title for foreign users, certain genres and cover images should all work again. I stress 'should', because I'll need a lot of feedback and confirmation that it does :cool:

Hi, sadly it doesn work for me :(
    Im from Germany and set everything up, so i always get the original title, so in most cases the english one.
    I just imported a movie and had to see that it showed me the german title :(.
    Send some other movies to the importer to test whats wrong, and now the titles are all in german.
    Hope you can fix that, if you need any logs i will provide them :).

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.5.5 released.

Fixed bug introduced by previous tweak (hate it when I skip quality control on a seemingly small tweak)
    It did allow me to discover that user reviews summary fallback was also broken, so there is at least one small benefit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom