IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Its only 526kB :( but here you go :)

Yeah, it is the new MovPic that doesn't put the entire HTML source into the log files anymore that causes a serious reduction in log filesize. It also unfortunatly makes the log files useless to debug this issue, because it is the differences in the HTML source page results that is causing this bug.

Thankfully @HomeY has provided me with all the technical details and files needed for me to figure out a workaround for this issue. It's a lot of painstaking analysing of data, so it will be a while, but stay tuned for an update. If all fails I will go the proxy route which for sure will work, but that is more of a last-resort solution, so I'm holding out till this weekend before going that drastic.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.5.6 released

- Fixed small bug related to actors
    - Added temporary workaround for foreign users not getting English titles (thanks to @jake78 for providing the log files to allow me to fix it)

A new MovPic is due that will fix the problem as well so I can remove the workaround, and it will also improve English title detection by adding HTTP Language support to MovPic <retrieve> node that IMDb+ uses to fetch the HTML sources.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.7.1 released

- Fixed foreign users not getting English titles for real this time (crossing fingers)

Did a WinMerge comparison of @jake78 Swedish HTML source of IMDb website versus my own USA version and sifting through a gazillion differences, I finally spotted a tiny one that should allow me to fix the English title for foreign users again.

Of course I'm still crossing fingers, because there is a danger that it will break function for movies that worked fine before, so will need feedback ASAP

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.7.2 released (Fixed search-node)
    Scraper script v4.7.3 released (Fixed director/writers/actors)

I long back for the days that IMDb did not change their HTML source code for over a year :whistle:

Just keep me aprised of any failures and provide a movingpictures.log file in scraper-debug mode (check wiki on how to generate one), as then I can fix it quickly and IMDb+ plugin will auto-update the new version for everybody.

PS: Anybody that has helped generate scraper-debug enabled log files, please keep in mind that it is wise to turn that off again once everything works again, as it slows the import process down for normal usage.

I've literally gone on an average of 4 hours of sleep this last week to combine both work and still spend time on IMDb+. It is obviously a labor of love for everybody involved with MediaPortal and the same goes for me. If nobody else used IMDb+, I would still update it for my own usage. Obviously all the fixes for non-USA locations would then not have been made, but for quite a while now IMDb+ has grown way past something only used by me. Hopefully IMDb/Amazon has calmed down with their HTML source code changes and we can look forward to a stable usage for the remainder of the year.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.7.4 released

- IMDb uses different HTML code for actors for European users, so made both methods work

Hopefully that is the last bug :censored:

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RoChess,
    I have a problem with the scrapper which doesn't occur earlier:

During the import in the movpics plugin the scraper sets the correct german title for a movie
    e.g. "Der perfekte Ex" or "James bond 007 - man lebt nur zweimal"

But at the end of the import the movie gets the english title finally
    e.g. "What's your number?" or "James bond V: You only live twice"

35178281.jpg

Do you have any idea?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a problem with the scrapper which doesn't occur earlier:

It is supposed to work like that.

IMDb+ English title detection system only works inside the details node. So during search-node (green circle) it will locate a movie with localized titles.

IMDb tt0770703 = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770703/releaseinfo#akas

What's Your Number (English title) = Der perfekte Ex (German title) = A Lista dos Ex (Portugese title), etc.

During details-node, it is "corrected" into the English title, as in "What's Your Number".

However, this is default IMDb+ = English settings, because you can adjust IMDb+ to use German language as well (configured via IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal GUI), and then www.imdb.de website is used to obtain title as in: http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0770703/ (those dirty bastards, I see why it stopped working for you :mad:)

IMDb appears to have broken the international localized websites I was using. It is now redirecting imdb.de back to imdb.com, breaking the German title and German summary I was using before.

Will have to rewrite the foreign language support for German (imdb.de), French (imdb.fr), Italian (imdb.it), Portugese (imdb.pt) and Spanish (imdb.es), and start using the AKA titles. This will then post a problem for the summary/tagline/etc that was also in the foreign languages, but I should be able to figure something out.

It looks to be a major rewrite, so I'll try to do it this weekend if Murphy's law stays away.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice to hear you found the problem.
    I look forward to the new update :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Nice to hear you found the problem.
    I look forward to the new update :)

Did a little pre-check into the issue. Does http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0770703/ (even after the .com redirect) give you a German title and German summary? Or is it just title? If you stumble upon a page on their website that gives you the German summary (title I got pretty much figured out), then please provide me with the exact http:// address as well as a HTML source extraction (because I will not see the same results as you). Just attach it as a .txt file to your reply please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom