IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    When I will have more time, I will look further into this. Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script updates:

v4.7.5 - Temporary disable of DE/ES/IT/FR/PT, as IMDb has disabled their respective localized sites
    v4.7.6 - Genre translation for DE+FR added and fixed XML bug. ES/IT/PT languages will follow soon
    v4.7.7 - Genre translation for ES+IT added, only PT language left now​

It is not ideal, but via rude translation have brought back few localized language aspects. Hopefully IMDb website will bring back the full capabilities that they offered on their www.imdb.de/es/it/fr/pt websites, so that I can re-enable it back.

Giuseppe

Portal Member
    September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    v4.7.7 - Genre translation for ES+IT added, only PT language left now​

How can i force the update of the scraper ? I still see 4.7.6. version in Movie Pictures importer.
    I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but the IMDB+ scraper does not update.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    How can i force the update of the scraper ? I still see 4.7.6. version in Movie Pictures importer.
    I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but the IMDB+ scraper does not update.

If you have Extension plugin installed, then a 'setting' menu option will be available inside IMDb+ hidden menu list. This allows you to control the default value of 24 hours to check for updates to as little as 3 hours, or enable it to check on MePo startup.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi RoChess,

The update to 4.7.7 doesn't seem to be working for me either (see attached). Will see what happens in 6 hours time.

Also, I have one other very minor issue to report. Only mentioning it in case it has wider implications. Obviously I don't know if it's already fixed in 4.7.7. :)

Anyway, I'm a UK user. I have IMDB+ configured as follows;-
    USE THE ORIGINAL TITLE FROM THE MOVIE OFF
    ADD THE FOREIGN TITLE OFF
    BRITISH-ENGLISH MOVIE TITLE ON

It's working very well indeed but I seem to have one rogue movie. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937 Disney version).

The scrapper correctly identifies the movie, gets all the correct info (in English) but then insists on renaming the title to "Blancanieves y los siete enanos" (which I believe is the Spanish title)?

The IMDB number retrieved is tt0029583 which seems to be correct. A search for "Blancanieves" on that page doesn't return anything. However, if you click on the AKA link "Blancanieves y los siete enanos" is the first entry in the list.

Like I said, it's not a big issue but if you have any ideas what might be happening I'd be very interested to know.

Thanks for your continued work on this excellent plugin.(y)

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Attachments

• Extensions_Config.jpg
      Extensions_Config.jpg
      92.3 KB
    • IMBD_Plus_Info.jpg
      IMBD_Plus_Info.jpg
      95.3 KB

Giuseppe

Portal Member
    September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

If you have Extension plugin installed, then a 'setting' menu option will be available inside IMDb+ hidden menu list. This allows you to control the default value of 24 hours to check for updates to as little as 3 hours, or enable it to check on MePo startup.

Just done but it dos'nt work.
    The strange thing is that it confirms that the update has just occurred, but maintains the version 4.7.6.

I also tried uninstalling IMDB + plugin, delete the scraper and reinstall everything again but there is no way.

Any idea?

Giuseppe-PC - LogMeIn.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's working very well indeed but I seem to have one rogue movie. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937 Disney version).

Darn user contributed content on IMDb really makes it hard to keep up.

Blancanieves y los siete enanos = Argentina / International (Spanish title) / Peru / USA (imdb display title) (Spanish title) / Venezuela

IMDb+ in your case can not find a specific UK title, so it falls back on English USA title. So it looks for "USA (imdb display title)" which has for years meant the "English" title. Since IMDb now shows localized versions for non-English users, this new format they use is technically correct, but it means I have to compensate for this.

Expect v4.7.8 to release soon after I verify all the regular expressions (will take a while)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just done but it dos'nt work.
    The strange thing is that it confirms that the update has just occurred, but maintains the version 4.7.6.

The scraper-scipt is installed into Moving-Pictures database, so once installed it remains a permanent entry (removing it when IMDb+ gets uninstalled could lead to MovPic dbase corruption).

So please open MovPic config, and manually remove the IMDb+ scraper-script, and then open MediaPortal GUI again and go to the IMDb+ plugin GUI. Upon first entry it will then detect IMDb+ scraper-script missing and reinstall it. If that fails (going on memory here) then reinstall IMDb+ plugin, but pretty sure the same logic that updates old scraper-script also installs it when it has been deleted.

As for how to remove it, follow the first part of the instructions here: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper (just skip the gear icon step at the end and replace it with "highlight IMDb+ scraper-script" and then use the little down arrow for the '-' toolbar icon to delete it via "Delete Selected Data Source").

Let me know how it goes.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Darn user contributed content on IMDb really makes it hard to keep up.

Blancanieves y los siete enanos = Argentina / International (Spanish title) / Peru / USA (imdb display title) (Spanish title) / Venezuela

IMDb+ in your case can not find a specific UK title, so it falls back on English USA title. So it looks for "USA (imdb display title)" which has for years meant the "English" title. Since IMDb now shows localized versions for non-English users, this new format they use is technically correct, but it means I have to compensate for this.

Expect v4.7.8 to release soon after I verify all the regular expressions (will take a while)

Hi RoChess,

Thanks for explaining what's going on. Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom