IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

Ok, small delay, but had a few bugs to squash. But here is the new release as promised.

IMDb+ plugin v1.4.0.202
    IMDb+ scraper-script v4.0.1

To be able to adjust the new scraper-script options introduced you need to update the IMDb+ plugin. Please use the easy extension installer method, or manually download the new MPEI package.

Plugin update:

• The current (at the time) IMDb+ scraper-script is installed. This will make it easier for first-time setups.
    • Cover priority is also fixed correctly, but will only correctly work for first-time installations.
    • Three new scraper options added to be used by v4.0.x of the IMDb+ scraper-script.

PS: No skin updates were made, so everything should work on previous third-party skins, such as aMPed and StreamedMP.

Scraper-Script updates:

• Added full foreign title support.
    • Foreign details can still use an English title if desired via seperate option.
    • The Roman numerals for the first movie in a series can now be removed.
    • When there is no summary availabe you can force a user-review to be used instead.

Note: The stripping of Roman numeral from first movie in a series, only works on a refresh of an already imported movie. This is because that was the only way to make it work with the article removal setting functional. In a following update I will work on adding a seperate article removal system to the IMDb+ scraper-script so that it works on newly imported movies as well. For now please use the IMDb+ plugin refresh system and select the 'Update Replacement Only' option.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

Took the plunge and installed. Loved how stream lined the process is and how easy it is to configure. Did a full refresh and everything worked well.
    Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.4

IMDb+ now has its very own corner on the MediaPortal forum.

I've cut the single large thread up into individual ones, but that wasn't as easy on some with multiple answers in single post. At least it is easier to navigate.

If you have any new questions, problems or suggestions, then you can now create them as a 'new thread', so it will be easier for to keep track of answers.

:D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Congrats on the subforum! It's a just reward for all your hard work!

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Congrats on the subforum! It's a just reward for all your hard work!

yep Congrats from me to , did not notest , we sleeping to mach ...;)

And thanks ibmonkey to fixed more UK-English title detection problems.

Also fixed Roman numeral stripping (if option was enabled) to not remove it when it was Part or Volume related.

So v4.0.5 of IMDb+ scraper-script is released.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.1.1

IMDb+ scraper-script v4.1.1 is out now.

Added English movie certification/rating system support for the following:

• 01 = USA
    • 02 = UK
    • 03 = Canada (Alberta)
    • 04 = Canada (British Columbia)
    • 05 = Canada (Manitoba)
    • 06 = Canada (Nova Scotia)
    • 07 = Canada (Ontario)
    • 08 = Canada (Quebec)
    • 09 = Australia
    • 10 = New Zealand

If you want to use it right this moment, you have to manually add

Code:
    <set id="94" name="global_options_english_movie_rating"	value="01" />

To your "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file and adjust the "01" to the number as specified before each region in the list above.

The "01" is currently reserved to remain backwards compatible to USA+UK that is used now and "02" is new UK method. The existing "UK Rating" option is still working as well (and needed for UK-English titles), but will then later be replaced by a new option to select between US-English or UK-English movie titles.

Next step is to add this new option to the IMDb+ plugin, so that you can just adjust/select the option from the couch, but that might still take a few weeks before I get that all finished.

Ohh and for those who found out they never updated to v4.0.5 before, that was because I had forgot to XML encode some of the regular expression so the XML file became invalid :oops:

That is fixed now as well, so "Kill Bill: Volume I" will not turn into "Kill Bill: Volume" when you have the Roman numeral stripping option for first movie enabled.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.1.2

IMDb+ scraper-script v4.1.2 is released.

It fixes a problem introduced by the new CA/AU/NZ rating support from v4.1.1. This is because the new option is only added at scraper-script level, and not yet added to the IMDb+ plugin. This means there is no configuration entry for it in the options XML file. So inside the scraper-script I first configure the default value, which for this setting is "01" and then overwrite this via the options XML file.

The problem I now find out (thanks to ibmonkey) is that when a config option is missing, it gets a value of 'false'. In other languages this equals "00", so in my code when looking for "01" I actually look for <=1 meaning I also accept 0 or any other value. Well this now turned out to not work properly (pretty sure it did on mine, but perhaps I had already manually added the config option to my options XML file and therefore never saw the 'bug').

So I've added extra logic that verifies if the options XML file actually contains the value, which will preserve the default "01" value set before.

Long story short, please enjoy v4.1.2 :cool:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.3

IMDb+ scraper-script v4.1.3 released

Fixed problem with XML encoding of '&' char for "Director's Cut" blacklist title detection.

Hopefully that solves all the current issues, so I can get started on new functionality.

Next up is:

• Add the AU/CA/NZ rating/certification option to the IMDb+ plugin
    • Create a seperate article removal setting system for the plugin and scraper-script, so that the Roman numeral stripping for first movie in a series works without having to import and then refresh.
    • Get all the foreign language translations included at least for the plugin (only got German, Dutch and Swedish so far)
    • Time permitted get the foreign database rename systems working as well
    • And finally if there is enough time left, add a custom category system to the IMDb+ plugin that will for example allow a Top 10/25/50/100/250 of Actors and Directors to finally work without any system delays that the current MovingPictures dynamic system brings with.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.4

Ok, guess ibmonkey wasn't done finding a mistake.

So IMDb+ scraper-script v4.1.4 released.

Added 'alternative spelling' in a double way to the blacklist title detection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom