IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (4 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess,
    on your recommendation I tried your scraper and I love it! :)

Thank you :)

Hopefully I can figure out a way to add better foreign language support, especially for the default rename database system. But at least you can use the custom rename database system for the time being. I'm first trying to make Danish support functional via scope.dk, as German is semi-supported already via the imdb.de website. Eventually however I like to expand that to include ofdb.de support, as it contains more data, but things are not progressing very smooth lately due to ongoing illness. Nothing serious thankfully, but disruptive nonetheless.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there a way for users to add custom Special Edition tags? Some Blu-Rays have special viewing modes, such as "[Extraction Mode]" for Inception.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a way for users to add custom Special Edition tags? Some Blu-Rays have special viewing modes, such as "[Extraction Mode]" for Inception.

Possible since:
    v4.2.1 - Added custom 'Special Edition' tagging system via ([...]).

Just make sure you got 'Special Edition Rename tagging support' enabled.

MePo.IMDb+.Refresh.2.png

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Eventually however I like to expand that to include ofdb.de support, as it contains more data, but things are not progressing very smooth lately due to ongoing illness. Nothing serious thankfully, but disruptive nonetheless.

Ok that's better still :) because for some movies there isn't a german plot on imdb.de

Up to now, I've found only one movie series which behave strange:
    Rambo series is grouped by
    Rambo: First Blood I
    Rambo: First Blood II
    Rambo: First Blood III
    Rambo: First Blood IV

But this is the only case - all other movies behave fine!! :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Up to now, I've found only one movie series which behave strange:
    Rambo series is grouped by
    Rambo: First Blood I
    Rambo: First Blood II
    Rambo: First Blood III
    Rambo: First Blood IV

I think I'm missing something, what is wrong with that grouping?

If you look at the IMDb website connections page for this series at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/movieconnections you will see why I went with that title formation. It is mainly based on the first movie title, that's why 3rd and 4th movie got the big rename to their title, to fall in line with the first title format. Some might argue that 4th one is more of a remake/reboot, but story wise it does follow the previous trilogy.

And I actually see that a 5th movie is in the making with subtitle "Last Stand" :)

Actually looking at the subtitles and taking 5th movie into consideration, a rename might be in order to:

Rambo I: First Blood
    Rambo II: First Blood Part II
    Rambo III
    Rambo IV: Rambo
    Rambo V: Last Stand

But considering that an existing user would then have to redo their existing imports, I might just stick with the existing scheme. Of course you are more then happy to add it to your custom rename database in anyway you want :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    ok, I've just expected such a grouping automatically

The FilmInfo+ scraper that was forked by Merlyn, after he saw what I had done with IMDb+, does it semi-auto based on the info provided at themoviedb.org website on series grouping with a proxy server conversion script that Merlyn runs on his webserver. I originally had that idea for IMDb+ as well, but found out that for quite a few series 'corrections' would be required. So not wanting to rely on a proxy script, I instead opted to go with a rename database file system.

The default rename database file is updated via the IMDb+ plugin and maintained by me. Though if anybody is interested I could make them contributors to the Google Code IMDb+ project, so that they can also help update/maintain: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/source/browse/trunk/Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml

But you can also bring typos, or new suggestions to my attention via the forum thread on here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...itions-for-the-rename-database-system.103539/

Many series are present in the default rename database, it is just very hard sometimes to please everybody regarding the naming syntax. But that is where the custom rename database file system comes into play :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Possible since:
    v4.2.1 - Added custom 'Special Edition' tagging system via ([...]).

Just make sure you got 'Special Edition Rename tagging support' enabled.

Thank you, but as far as I can tell that only supports a Limited amount of Versions, and not custom ones.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you, but as far as I can tell that only supports a Limited amount of Versions, and not custom ones.

My bad, missed the word 'custom' in your question. For as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong RoChess) it is indeed limited to a few options as described in the plugin GUI

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No HomeY, you were right originally.

Zicoz, the system got expanded to support custom tags. But to make it fit within existing scraper-script function a somewhat convoluted system had to be used. The results of that action sprung from a request from another user who had the alike request you did. Full thread can be read at: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/feature-request-override-on-filename-tag.105118/

In short use the following filenameing syntax to make it work:

Filename = \Movies\Inception ([Extraction Mode]).mkv
    Folder = \Movies\Inception ([Extraction Mode])\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts

The full ([...]) bracket format is required in filename or foldername, but only [...] gets used inside Moving-Pictures GUI. This way it seperates the custom special edition tags from the whitelisted tags included by default for 3D, Unrated, etc. However you can also use ([Unrated]) just as easy as any text between the brackets is accepted as-is if you want a uniform result.

Note: Keep in mind that you have to re-import the movie to make this work, as access to the filename/foldername is only provided by Moving-Pictures plugin to scraper-scripts in the search-node and not in the details-node (used for refreshing info on a movie).

PS: I really need to update the wiki pages to reflect all the changes made, as it is pretty outdated, but unfortunatly it tends to get pushed to the side each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom