IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Really weird on log files. Might be a bug in MovPic, but I'm running same version and it works for me. Still could be a bug in settings/config.

But I think I can actually recreate problem myself now. So give me a few days as I do not know when I exactly will have time to dig into it deep, but I'll get to it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.8.5 released

- Added support for Plot Keywords that will be added to next MovPic release

Plan to expand it with not just the few plot keywords from the movie detail page, but add a new IMDb+ option that allows you to alternativly select the extensive plot keywords. Example for "The Avengers": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/keywords

This will then allow a custom category that filters out all your movies that have a movie scene after the credits via "Scene After End Credits". No idea on timeframe for when that will be done, but have to wait for new release of MovPic first anyway.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.8.6 released

- Fixed cover node and added extra logging

The extra logging makes it easier on a running environment to find out what movies are missing posters and cause Moving-Pictures to keep trying to locate one.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.8.6 released

- Fixed summaries due to new "synopsis" term used by IMDb

And thanks to @ltfearme, there is now Transifex support added to the source project, so future versions of IMDb+ will rely on foreign users/translators to use Transifex to contribute changes that will then be added automatic on the next release. Will post more info when I got the time to wrap up a new release with at least the new extended Plot Keyword option.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.8.9 released

- Added support for new Moving-Pictures Collections system (thanks to @ncoH and @ltfearme for their work on MovPic)

Once new Moving-Pictures is released it will have build in support for 'collections'. Think of it like 'Genres', which will dynamically add entries for your collections. So all your Twilight movies will be added under "The Twilight Saga", but as an extra IMDb+ bonus, "Captain America" will be under collection "Captain America", but also "The Avengers" and "Superheroes".

Once I have some more free time, I will add all the entries needed for an "IMDb Top 250" as well. If anybody has other suggestions, let me know.

IMDb+ plugin will get modified as well to offer ability to turn off the rename system, but keep the collection system enabled. That takes me more time to do, so will have to wait.

PS: An easy way to make this work for an existing collection is to use the IMDb+ plugin refresh system. Go to your 'Plugins' section inside MediaPortal GUI and locate IMDb+. Then use the hidden menu (left arrow on most skins) and use the "Refresh Movies..." entry. With the "Update Replacements Only" you can then refresh your entire collection to add 'collection' support in the quickest way possible.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Once I have some more free time, I will add all the entries needed for an "IMDb Top 250" as well. If anybody has other suggestions, let me know.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/

Rotten Tomatoes has a lot of really good categories

eg.
    Top 100 Movies via Genre (x17 genres)
    Best Movies via Year
    Golden Globes
    Oscars
    Cannes
    Rotten Tomato Awards

EDIT: @RoChess - opps wrong quote, fixed.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.1 released.

- Fixed collections conflict with optional stripping of Roman numerals for 1st movie in a series

Just lucked out and still had Roman numeral stripping setting enabled, and happened to pick the 1 out of 30 test movie it would show bug for.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.2 released

- Fixed studios, runtime and score/votes by compensating for new IMDb HTML code

No idea when that crept up, only noticed it when sending movies back to the importer for additional testing on the new collections feature.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Rotten Tomatoes has a lot of really good categories

I was already quivering at having to add 250 entries for the IMDb Top 250 list though, but quite a few of them are already present in the default rename database which holds 1781 entries now. The problem that exists on a Top list or any other numbered one is that the numbering is lost, as MovPic will just show the movies as-is in alphabetical order. Sorting the list on rating will get very close to the IMDb Top 250 list, but the same might not work for other lists.

Entries for the oscars sound like an awesome idea though, and can make it like collection="Oscars|Oscars 2012" or expand that last one to "85th Academy Awards (2012)". That will add quick as well though with 24 main oscar categories, although thankfully a lot of times certain movies win multiple main oscars. Life of Pi won 4 oscars, Argo 3, etc for a total of 15 movies winning those 24 oscars. Of course I can then also add collections for each category, so you get Life of Pi is collection="Oscars|Oscars 2012|Oscars Picture|Oscars Director|Oscars Original Score|Oscars Cinematography|Oscars Visual Effects", but not sure if everybody is looking forward to a ton of collection entries. Could limit it to just "Best Picture" I guess and only need 85 entries then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd like to navigate Mov Pics Category like this;

- Oscars
    + All
    + 00s