IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @emphatic, check IMDb+ plugin info, does it show IMDb+ scraper script v4.9.51? Otherwise you ran into a rare bug that causes MovPic to stop referencing the latest version that the IMDb+ plugin installed, and uses an older version with broken IMDb search.

The only fix I know is to edit the movingpictures.db3 database manually.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @emphatic, check IMDb+ plugin info, does it show IMDb+ scraper script v4.9.51? Otherwise you ran into a rare bug that causes MovPic to stop referencing the latest version that the IMDb+ plugin installed, and uses an older version with broken IMDb search.

The only fix I know is to edit the movingpictures.db3 database manually.

I'll have a look ASAP.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It says 4.9.51 alright. Would it work if I just replaced the movingpictures.db3 with an older backup copy from a time known to be working?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, I have very little time, so I've just over-written the movingpictures.db3 with a backed up copy and now I see IMDB+ in the search results. However, I get no plot in Swedish. I'm just off to bed now, so I'll try to get you fresh logs tomorrow, but with the older database file (well, it has all the new movies in it now).

Edit: Attached logs as instructed.

Thanks a lot!
    Emph

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      115.7 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, looks like nyheter24.se changed their HTML code, so I have to adjust accordingly, expect 4.9.52 to be released soon.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get either no summary or summary in English right now. Has there been changes yet again to the Swedish site you're scraping that from?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I get either no summary or summary in English right now. Has there been changes yet again to the Swedish site you're scraping that from?

I use: http://www.nyheter24.se/filmtipset/imdb/tt0499549 as my standard RegExp test movie, and all expressions still fetch the correct data.

So I need debug logs on what happens on your system if you expect me to fix it. First off verify that v4.9.52 is actually in use though, check the MovPic config manual scraper overview. Still that annoying bug where IMDb+ plugin updated to the latest scraper version, but MovPic refuses to actually use it, and defaults back to an older/broken one.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The Maze Runner comes up with a non English title first - any ideas?

I rely on IMDb akas search page results.

http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=The+Maze+Runner

First entry is "The Maze Runner (2014)" for me on a USA IP with IMDb correctly identifying me as an English user for HTTP_LANGUAGE.

There are too many possabilities for me to account for right now, so the only way I can (or rather will) fix bugs for others now is if I am provided with detailed debug logs that at least allow me to see what went wrong, as I otherwise need to at least be able to replicate it myself. Easy solution if all fails is to use a USA proxy, as that eliminates IMDb from adjusting their output to localized results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom