IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @pontusson, FIXED, v4.9.41 is available.

FilmTipSet.se decided to change their HTML code and remove class="list" from the table cell containing the release year.

Thanks for reporting, and I'm happy it was an easy fix :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks alot :) Works the way I want it again. Great plugin btw

Thank you.

As with many open source projects it started out as something I wanted for myself, and then figured maybe others would enjoy it as well. Seeing as the download counter is at almost 60,000 now, it certainly turned out that way.

There is a PayPal donate button on the first post if you can afford to feel generous, but no obligation obviously. At least you helped all other Swedish users from being able to import their movies correct again (y)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.45 released

- Temporary work-around for non-USA imports

Of course temporary might become a long time, as it requires the full rewrite to fix it all once and for all :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.46/47/48 released
    Getting old, took a few revisions to get it right on all the changes IMDb.com did to their AKA result page that is using in the search node. The way I did it it should fix it for non-USA users during import. And it will fix it so that localized filename titles will still match, but also English filename titles.

Of course lot of changes made, so please keep an eye on new bugs that might be introduced.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.51 released

- v4.9.46 - Fix AKA
    - v4.9.47 - Fix AKA array
    - v4.9.48 - Fix foreign AKA
    - v4.9.49 - Fix RottenTomatoes RegExp
    - v4.9.50 - Fix IMDb+ Options XML parsing check
    - v4.9.51 - Accept votes >= 1 million

RottenTomatoes uses a JSON based API system now that requires a key to prevent "Forbidden" 403 errors on requests exceeding their limits. The IMDb+ scraper-script open source model would reveal my own API key, so I can not do that, and still abide by the RT API rules. However anybody that already has an RT API key can use that key for testing purposes by manually adding it to the IMDb+ options XML configuration to verify full functionality for themselves. RottenTomatoes API allows five queries per second for a max of 10k a day, so plenty of room to run a few tests with.

The IMDb+ Options XML file needs to be modified to contain the following after the id="18" entry in there.

<set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="false" />
    <set id="20" name="global_options_rotten_api_key" value="...RT-API-key-goes-here..." />​

For those aspiring developers curious to see how it works, it is an easy process to request an RT API key, and you can just register one of your own app creations that I am sure you are all working on @ http://developer.rottentomatoes.com/member/register. Everybody is free to fork IMDb+ and test out their own versions, but please respect the rules, and use your own app title that does not relate to IMDb+ as I do not want to risk loosing access to my own API key. RottenTomatoes might also make changes to their system if they see a flood of new developers sign up, so keep that in mind when you register, and respect their rules.

I will clarify more on what is required later, as I am still testing things myself. Those impatient can PM me, and I will eleborate.

PS: IMDb+ by default uses RottenTomatoes for a more balanced average score/rating/vote system, and to supplement missing IMDb.com data, but it works totally fine without it (well it should).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom