IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe for your issue I have to actually fire up my development machine and I have been messing around with network/system upgrades that prevent me from doing that. Procrastinating is also not helping, but I know that your issue is going to take me multiple hours, if not days, and I keep pushing it off :(

The core of the issue is that IMDb.com detects you are not from the US and does things slightly different, which is also difficult for me to emulate, but I can usually find some free proxy somewhere. If you were fortunate enough to have a US based VPN that you can route Moving-Pictures requests through then it should work, because I've added more movies recently myself and there was no missing field that I could see.

What I did notice was that plots are chopped off, because they decided to change the way the HTML works.

So, really want to rewrite it from the ground up and fix all those issues on whatever new output IMDb.com currently settled on, but it also differs per movie, especially when they sneak in custom views on in-theater-now, or coming-soon entries.

They have now started to embed JSON data as well, so ideally that is parsed, but I keep forgetting to ask @ltfearme if the Moving-Pictures script engine has support to directly parse JSON the way I can do with XML. Worst case I can manually extract it via Regular Expressions, but would not be a recommended approach.

I've marked it in my calendar again for Saturday, so fingers crossed family does not drag me out of the house (y)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks RoChess for the update, no need to rush things, I totally undersstand.
    I don't have access to a US VPN but if you need anything else don't hesitate to contact me.
    Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.30 - Ukraine Highlights of this release Improvement / Rework: [MP1-5092] - Update MediaInfo...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: New: Improvement /...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    It's okay, we did delay the release. But not by choice, so sorry, there will be a pre-release the other day, it's already in the process of packing and shipping...
    It's okay, we did delay the release. But not by choice, so sorry, there will be a pre-release the other day, it's already in the...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom