IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (5 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe for your issue I have to actually fire up my development machine and I have been messing around with network/system upgrades that prevent me from doing that. Procrastinating is also not helping, but I know that your issue is going to take me multiple hours, if not days, and I keep pushing it off :(

The core of the issue is that IMDb.com detects you are not from the US and does things slightly different, which is also difficult for me to emulate, but I can usually find some free proxy somewhere. If you were fortunate enough to have a US based VPN that you can route Moving-Pictures requests through then it should work, because I've added more movies recently myself and there was no missing field that I could see.

What I did notice was that plots are chopped off, because they decided to change the way the HTML works.

So, really want to rewrite it from the ground up and fix all those issues on whatever new output IMDb.com currently settled on, but it also differs per movie, especially when they sneak in custom views on in-theater-now, or coming-soon entries.

They have now started to embed JSON data as well, so ideally that is parsed, but I keep forgetting to ask @ltfearme if the Moving-Pictures script engine has support to directly parse JSON the way I can do with XML. Worst case I can manually extract it via Regular Expressions, but would not be a recommended approach.

I've marked it in my calendar again for Saturday, so fingers crossed family does not drag me out of the house (y)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks RoChess for the update, no need to rush things, I totally undersstand.
    I don't have access to a US VPN but if you need anything else don't hesitate to contact me.
    Cheers

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As I have IMDB+ set as my primary source for movie info, it seems some movies don't get picked up by IMDB+. Like Top Gun Maverick which is scraped by themoviedb.org, whereas Thor IV is done by IMDB+ as it should. It just happened shortly, so any changes anywhere?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    My HTPC has been out of commission for a while as upgrading from 2200G to 4650G did not go smoothly, so been unaware of any issues, but imdb.com probably changed something again.

Will do my best to find time to see if I can push out a quick fix. Through Espresso RegEx tool and manually grabbing HTML code that imdb.com provides it should be doable without access to my HTPC.

Believe imdb.com is playing around with a new theme so will require updates to all the regular expressions.

Got birthdays and other family obligations though, and still dealing with unpacking and getting house ready, so bare with me

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi RoChess, I think the scraper needs another update. I would attempt it myself if I could just understand how the regex works.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Why is there a diffference between Blu Ray and UHD movies in how they are picked up by IMDB+?
    I have a blu ray in a folder called "Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One tt9603212 (2023)" which is correctly transformed by IMDB+ to:

Mission: Impossible VII - Dead Reckoning Part One

I have the same movie as UHD called "Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One tt9603212 (2023).mkv" which is NOT picked up by IMDB+. I tried different naming of the file with no change whatsoever. I tried:

"Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One tt9603212 (2023).mkv"
    "Mission Impossible 7 - Dead Reckoning Part One tt9603212 (2023).mkv"
    "Mission Impossible VII - Dead Reckoning Part One tt9603212 (2023).mkv"
    "Mission Impossible tt9603212 - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023).mkv"

All gave the same result: picked up by XMDB (local) or themoviedb.org, but not by IMDB+. The only difference I can think of is the extension .mkv, but that is neccesary. I have almost 600 4K movies (all with .mkv extension) that are being picked up correctly. Sometimes some renaming is needed, but only of the 4K versions.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have relocated 150 movies to another drive, so I had Moving Pictures rescrape them again. Of course I have IMDB+ as my primary source for movie details as always. Now, no movie whatsoever is being picked up by IMDB+! All have the "themoviedb.org" as source, although it is 4th in my preferences. IMDB+ is not even an option anymore... I have more instances of MP with IMDB+, but all get the same outcome. Any changes we should know of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom