IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for this @RoChess, I've attached logs after the ****************** when I used "Refresh from IMDB+" (log1) and when I sent it back to the importer (log2).

Attachments

• log1.zip
      252.8 KB
    • log2.zip
      253.4 KB
    Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using The Movie Database (TMDB) as a scraper now in Moving Pictures to get Swedish data, as IMDB+ can't use filmtipset.se. Would it be possible to scrape data from the former site in IMDB+ to get Swedish back into it?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've been using The Movie Database (TMDB) as a scraper now in Moving Pictures to get Swedish data, as IMDB+ can't use filmtipset.se. Would it be possible to scrape data from the former site in IMDB+ to get Swedish back into it?

Emph
    Any language is possible, as long as I have a way to do a search/lookup on IMDb tt-ID (below uses Avatar as example).

There is no way for me to do another "is this the right movie?" question, because IMDb.com already handled that, and IMDb.com does not refer to FilmTipset.se and neither does FilmTipset.se allow me to search on IMDb tt-IDs.

Anything that would let me convert tt0499549 into Avatar » Filmtipset would work. It would be possible to do a fuzzy search, and rely on title+year and accept first result as valid, but there is no way to adjust then.

Now if I rewrite IMDb+ to use filmtipset.se during the search node for Swedish users, then problem also solved, but then I won't be able to use any of the IMDb.com info as then I'm faced with the reverse, how do I get "tt0499549" out of "avatar-2009-2" because FilmTipSet.se has no link/reference. Also not knowing any Swedish makes that not an easy task.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I've not been clear enough. You used to use filmtipset for scraping swedish info. But since that's not been working due to changes to that site's API, my questing is: would it be possible to scrape the swedish info from themoviedb instead?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I think I've not been clear enough. You used to use filmtipset for scraping swedish info. But since that's not been working due to changes to that site's API, my questing is: would it be possible to scrape the swedish info from themoviedb instead?

Emph
    My bad.

I'll have to find out if I can use TMDB API the same way I did for MovieMeter then.

Where I write a proxy script, and then call it like: https://rochess.com/mp/moviemeter/proxy.php?imdb=tt0499549 and then get the data back that I can process. Limit it down to just Swedish usage at first, but then maybe expand it once it works and bring back IMDb+ support for a wide range of non-English languages.

@ltfearme you have dealings with them for API key usage in Moving-Pictures, would they respond to another request?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Flow is pretty easy as TMDB has full IMDB tt-ID search support.

Find movie via imdb_id API search -- https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt0499549?api_key=<<api_key>>&external_source=imdb_id&language=sv
    Then the ID in response can be used to fetch the details via: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/<<tmdb_id>>?api_key=<<api_key>>&language=sv

And then I just output those as ugly XML to parse into IMDb+ like: https://rochess.com/mp/moviemeter/proxy.php?imdb=tt0499549

But I don't have the time to research if that is against their rules, and if they understand why it is needed. Do you have any contacts with TMDB admins or devs @emphatic ?

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the effort, gold star for you. :)

Is there a built-in scraper for My Videos that use tmdb as well, or just the one in Moving Pictures? I just don't follow the logic that this would be more of an infringement of content than say, scraping imdb.com? Would using the tmdb logo in your splash screen suffice to appease them?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for the effort, gold star for you. :)

Is there a built-in scraper for My Videos that use tmdb as well, or just the one in Moving Pictures? I just don't follow the logic that this would be more of an infringement of content than say, scraping imdb.com? Would using the tmdb logo in your splash screen suffice to appease them?

Emph

Possibly, like I said, I am not a lawyer and I do not want to guess and end up in jail for violation of their terms. If one of their admins/developers can shoot me an e-mail stating that my usage is fine and Moving-Pictures itself perhaps covers the legal requirements, and that the log references that I add are sufficient, then I'm okay, but I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to find that person.

It would not take me much time at all to rewrite the MovieMeter PHP script into a TMDB version. The other option is to do the French approach where you as the IMDb+ end-user obtain your own TMDB API key and assume all the responsibilities and I just make IMDb+ configurable for you to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom