IMDb Scrapping Issues? (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    This is probably a bit out of topics but is there a way we can write and test our own grabbing scripts yet?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Next release. That was supposed to be in this release but it got pushed back since movie-xml was down and we needed to get something out the door.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got my first issue :D
    Trying to add "What the bleep"

1: What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?
    2: tt0399877
    3: Importer doesn't end (see screenshot)
    4: I would expect the importer to end with retrieving the movie details

If you need anything else, just let me know!!

:D in advance

Attachments

• what.the.bleep.JPG
      what.the.bleep.JPG
      86.8 KB

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    D.E.B.S. worked once I put the imdb in a nfo.

But there seems to be another "problem" when I have nfo files.

Say if I have Mission Impossible 1, 2 and 3. MP searches for "Mission Impossible I tt0117060" it finds Mission Impossible, but it also finds MI 1 when it searches for MI2 and MI3 with their imdbid.

Cadriel

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there,

I've encountered a strange scraping issue.

Upon adding a new source for Moving Pictures, all seems well. Most of my movies are found perfectly.

Out of all of them, two movies are found - and MovingPictures finds the movie correctly. The movies are:
    Flyboys.avi
    The Forbidden Kingdom.mkv

As I said - both movies are found. However, they never get the "tick" against them. So - I thought, ok - they've been found but there's no data available for them. So I clicked into the movie manager, and they're not in the list of available movies!

At this point I though, ok - i'll go back to the scanner - of which I did, and they didn't show in there. It's almost as if it's now ignoring these files because it never found information for them?

So - now I'm at the point where I have two movies I can't get to show in Moving Pictures. :)

I don't know the IMDB of'em cause they aren't showing.

Any idea's?

--
    Craig.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    D.E.B.S. worked once I put the imdb in a nfo.

But there seems to be another "problem" when I have nfo files.

Say if I have Mission Impossible 1, 2 and 3. MP searches for "Mission Impossible I tt0117060" it finds Mission Impossible, but it also finds MI 1 when it searches for MI2 and MI3 with their imdbid.

There was another report similar to this, so I am going to add what your seeing to the same issue request. Hopefully we can get this sorted out for the next release.

--------------
    @cadriel

Usually if an icon goes green and then never gets a tick mark, this means the thread trying to scan in the media has died. This unfortunately also means that sometimes the files get added to the database with no association. You can work around this by moving the files outside your watch folder and then restarting Moving Pictures. Once you do so you can copy the files back in and they will show up on the scanner again. When you do this, they may fail again, and if they do can you please post the log file containing the error?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you. I can also add that if I remove the IMDBID and only search for Mission Impossible 2 or Mission Impossible 3, I get the correct result.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    zicoz can you post your log of the scanning process? or otherwise.. can you give me your exact file structure for Mission Impossible 1,2,3 including the nfo files.

Is it something like this?

Folder/Movie 1.avi
    Folder/Movie 2.avi
    Folder/Movie 3.avi
    Folder/Some.nfo

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'll clean out my logs and do a rescan and post the logs for you, untill I get that done, here is my structure:

\\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 1\Mission Impossible 1.mkv
    \\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 1\Mission Impossible 1.nfo

\\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 2\Mission Impossible 2.mkv
    \\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 2\Mission Impossible 2.nfo

\\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 3\Mission Impossible 3.mkv
    \\Anubis\Media\Movies\HD-Filmer\Mission Impossible 3\Mission Impossible 3.nfo

The nfos are not really names Mission Impossible 3.nfo, more something like mission.impossible.1080p.dsfnsa.xasas.asda.nfo But you get the point.

Each movie has it's own folder that contains:
    - move file
    - front cover (folder.jpg)
    - nfo-file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom