IMDb Scrapping Issues? (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you confirm that each NFO does in fact contain the IMDB id of the movie for that folder and that it's also the first IMDB id in that file (if there are multiple imdb id's)?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Argh, I am very very stupid indeed, I downloaded a triology pack, so I put the same nfo in each of their folders, and it lists all the movies starting with MI1, that's the problem. But the system works then.

Sorry for the trouble.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Having problems with following movies:

tt0482930 - Lung Fu Moon I got directory, genre, year, but no plot and no DVD cover.
    tt0808357 - Se Jie I have description, etc but no DVD cover. Imdb page shows cover. Also, no backdrop although it's there's 5 backdrops on meligrove
    tt0829482 - Superbad guess not really IMDB since I got DVD cover and description, etc. but backdrop also doesn't show even though there's a backdrop on meligrove

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just rescan the file (while it's visible in the importer, this works even it's already auto-approved) by typing: "tt0409345" or "Surveillance" and enter 2008 as the year. If it's already in the movie manager and not in the import list than you should remove the movie (and let it ignore it). Then go over to the importer and choose "Unignore all files" (from the gear icon). The movie will be auto-approved again but this time (while it's visible in the import list) - just click rescan, enter the imdb id and it will be properly added.

Now for the cause, if you look at the search results:

IMDb Title Search

As you can see it's also the alternative title for a (popular) movie called Antitrust. You don't have a year in the filename as the years obviously don't match it would not pick Antitrust above Surveillance if it got a year. (it's a good practise to add years to your filename if you are identifying by filename/foldername)

This is a side-effect of the alternative title matching when you don't have a year and the search results are like this. I probably need to tweak the matching system so that it will give the actual titles a higher priority then the alternative ones if title-compare results are equal. The reason why Antitrust gets picked instead of Surveillance is because it's the first result returned from imdb. Another option would be to change the IMDB script and let it rank the titles under "Exact Title Matches" higher.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    But there are so many exact matches to so many movies why would it automatch to a movie that has it as an alternative title, shouldn't it give you the choice to select the correct one?
    Well anyway added the year to the filename and it got automatched correctly now.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Both titles are equal on title match, if so then the second criteria will be how the data provider ranks them.. in this case IMDB scraper ranks Antitrust higher in the result list.

But there are so many exact matches to so many movies why would it automatch to a movie that has it as an alternative title, shouldn't it give you the choice to select the correct one?

As i already edited to my first reply this is a valid argument.. you are right the system should rank actual title higher then the alternative title. We could let the user choose but currently on exact matches the data provider rank makes the decission for you.

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    i didn't want to start a new thread so i post this here

i'm using MP RC4 and the latest MovingPictures version. Importing movies works fine, except for all new movies i add, the summary/plot gets not downloaded from imdb (latest examples death race, eagle-eye)

anyone else having this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom