IMON IRSS Version (no official version) (2 Viewers)

stef0612

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi desaster,

just checked my log files, seems I habe got the same problem as madmat. The iMon is found but the error "Failed to get open device" is received.

Reloading the IRSS config didn't work either.

:D for your efforts.

Stef

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    haven't got an answer from madmat related to the normal IRSS do you have the same problem with normal IRSS?

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, seems to be the same problem with the standard version...

haven't got an answer from madmat related to the normal IRSS do you have the same problem with normal IRSS?

hi volks!

sorry - i haven't had the time to get back earlier.
    i confirm that the problem is not a "IRSS iMON Version" related one - i do get the same error message with the "standard" version. i will get back to the main fork developer.

mat

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So now we have 3 plugins that can handle iMon, Shortcuter, Generic keyboard input plugin and IMON IRSS...
    Is it recommended to use IRSS?

I have the iMon Pad, black. Should I remove iMon Manager first? Or disable it from starting with Windows?
    Also not sure if I should install IRSS as service or not... :confused:

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK then I definetely want to try this. It would be an amazingly easy way to get the remote working. The other methods require you to find a specific .imo file, place in in the correct folder, delete some other files etc etc.

After reading the IRSS documentation (took me a while to find it first!) and this whole thread I know finally understand the following:
    I know that iMon must be installed but not running. Perhaps you could add that to the instructions in the first post :)
    And I have to figure out if my device is a HID (install as app) or non-HID (install as service).

Will post the results tomorrow!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    for me, the plugin works almost perfect, except of one thing. i have the chieftec hm02b case with an oem imon vfd an two buttons on the front.

HM-02B.jpg

but without imon software started, these button don't work. is it possible to make irserver-suite the buttons working?

it maybe possible using autohotkey to remap the buttons, i did this with my silverstone LCD16-M front buttons, but it wouldn't work with the volume wheel.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Disaster123. Finally got around to using your Mod.. At first thought everything was great but then quickly realized I don't have Left or Up..

I have right and down when in keyboard mode, I have full mouse control on all axis when in mouse mode, though rather slow. But yeah no UP or LEFT. Tested this in both Translator and with in MediaPortal. Any ideas... Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom