iMON Remotes mapping for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

mike.eichner

January 6, 2008
chemelli, thank you for the imo - file!

I have the same problem with the mouse/keyboard setting. After starting MP always the mouse mode is active. In IMon keyboard mode is selected. In MP configuration i tried to mark HID - does not work with or without. Does anybody has some ideas?

Somebody in this thread asked for a Menu - button. I did it this way:
- added a new function in IMon, the key is F9. I used the timer-button of the remote, because i never use it with MP.
(- i assigned then the timer button to the menu button of my harmony remte)

ajani

March 4, 2008
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
hi mike.eichner

in fact I could solve the problem by bushing the "select/space" button on the pad. I hope it will help you as well.

me1

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
i use the mouse/keyboard button. but i have to press it more than one time, sometimes twice or three times. i would like to start mp and just use the remote control):- May be somebody has an idea...

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Any idea how can I get rid off the mouse mode in MP?

After starting MP always the mouse mode is active.

i would like to start mp and just use the remote control

You are all using the new v7 beta, aren't you....

SoundGraph has stated that, as of the last beta, If FrontView is disabled (Set to "Never", which is how it needs to be set to allow the display to function), the remote will only operate in "Mouse" mode. This is by design. It is a deliberate change by SoundGraph.

The only solution is to go back to v6.01.xxxx/v6.02.xxxx/v6.20.xxxx, or whatever version was provided by the distributor of your device.

There is no real disadvantage to downgrading the SoundGraph software... as there has been very little, if any, change to the remote functions in the new v7.

me1

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi cybrmage,
thanks for responding.
The original software with the case is v6.20.xxx. Because i did not get it to work i tried v7. Same. Now i am back on v6.20.
The keyboard mode works on the windows desktop (<up> sets the focus to next desktop icon). After starting MP the remote control does nothing. After pressing mouse/keyboard it acts as mouse. After some more mouse/keyboard presses (mostly twice) it acts as keyboard.
Some new ideas?
Thanks in advance

me1

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I checked it a little more:

The keyboard mode seems to work with any programs without MP :-(
The same i discribe below also happens when i start media portal configuration - strange.

When i start mp, it takes a second than the imon ball switches its ring shortly from blue to yellow (i think that is the sign for a anrecogniced command?). The imon pad acts as mouse.
When i press the mouse/keyboard button the imon ball shows "mouse", after second press it shows keyboard and the remote control works as keyboard.
i add my logs. may be somebody has an idea.
The only one thing i am wondering is in mediaportal.log: Enable GUI Mouse Control...

Thanks in advance

balu0325

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Miskolc
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
THX chemelly!

Your config works great, but I have a little problem. I have a Thermaltake DH-101 case with Imon Type C LCD. The case has 10 frontpanel buttons and the buttons doesn't work. Can you help me, how can I set the buttons.

mediacontrols.jpg

Thx Balu

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry no idea on how to set those up. Try following the link in my signature about Display Drivers...CybrMage can help you!

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom