iMON Remotes mapping for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

pildo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2004
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi, first, thanks you about this topic.

I have a Thermaltake DH-102, and I need to use lastest versions of iMon soft, and I can't to change a lot of commands... any solution?

BR

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I now have a working remote on my Zalman HD160XT Plus using this setup - many thanks. I am running Frontpage, on the Zalman 7" screen, which I don't like, so when the new version of IR Server Suite comes out, which I think provides support for iMON PAD and the front case buttons from most makers, I will try this. I will then use the MP developed Touch Screen pluggin, as I think this will be a neater solution.

I have not yet got the short cut buttons for MY VIDEOS and MY MUSIC etc working, but I think this is only a matter of playing around with shortcutter some more.

Thanks to all for your work.:D

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good evening,
    I've bought a Thermaltake 101 with the iMon Receiver.
    After reading several ways to configure the remote I descided to start with your way.
    First I got an error while importing the iMon key mapping. See attached image.
    The error means in english: The IR signal or the latest function name couldn't be loaded.
    But all the rest went fine.

On fireing up Mediaportal with the Quicklaunch button, the remote behaves like a mouse. I can swift the mouse sign with the remote control.
    Is that normal behavior?
    I thought it should work like the arrow up/down keys what would be much faster to navigate.
    I've set remote behavior to keyboard in the iMonManager.
    And yes, I've installed an older version of iMon (6.20.xxx)

And second: Do I need to install MyKeys Plugin in addition to ShortCuter for MyMusic, etc?
    You need additional info? Let me know. Any hints to solve this would be great.
    Thanks a lot.

UPDATE:
    Rebooting solved the issue with remote behaves like mouse.
    Now it works like the up/down arrows. Start, Stop, pause are working too.
    Remains the MyVideo, MyMusic question.
    And by the way, does anyone know how to get iMon VFD to work properly?

Attachments

• IRsignal.error.PNG
      IRsignal.error.PNG
      6.2 KB

Norbert1976

Portal Member
    September 6, 2008
    Duesseldorf
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remote and Case-Buttons work for me

Hi

I did manage to get both the remote and the Case-Buttons working. :D
    I got a Intertech 2008 V case that got 10 case butons. Which all work.

IMON Firmware: 0x380102
    IMON Manager vers. 7.40.0806

I did all the steps described in the first post, but I could'nt get all the remote keys to work. A few of them were used by in the "windows command" section and could'nt be changed (greyed out). :mad:

After searching for a couple of days I found the solution for this. All you have to do is rename or delete the "default.key"-File that is located in the c:\documents and settings\<user>\application data\SOUNDGRAPH\iMON\Setup\iMON PAD\. The result is, that nearly all keymappings in the "windows command" section are gone. :)

Now I could map the missing buttons to the appropriate funktions. Since a few "windows commands" are necessary I used the "customized command" (hope that is the correct translation) section to do the mappings.

The front buttons are mapped as if they were on the remote but the names are not very logical:D

Here are the names that are a bit odd:

"Menu" - [IMON PAD]MENU (not to be confused with [IMON PAD]DVD Menu, which actually is on the remote).
    "Back" - [IMON PAD]Backspace
    "Start" - [IMON PAD]Window (not [IMON PAD]Open which would be logical)

The others follow logical rules and have the same meaning as the ones on the remote.

By the way the display is working as well with the "CybrDisplay" Plugin. I attached 2 screenshots of my plugin settings. Maybe they are helpful. Ok, the display is not always stable. If it crashes I have to restart Mediaportal and everything is fine again.

:D

Attachments

• cybdispl1.JPG
      cybdispl1.JPG
      43.9 KB
    • cybdispl2.JPG
      cybdispl2.JPG
      74.4 KB

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That sounds too good to be real.
    I googled a bit about your case. Its nearly the same as mine. Should be possible to transfer the config to my system.
    I've checked my Firmware. Its: 0x3801 with iMon Manager 6.20.0830.
    All the posts are stating not to use the v7 Manager. Don't you encounter any problems? Do you know differences in v6 to v7 in regard of MediaPortal?

Ok, lets do one step after the other. The buttens are nice to have but not mandatory. First I'd like to get the remote working stable.
    I've moved the default.key file and most of the mappings are gone. Exept the 4 arrow keys (up/down/left/right).
    They are still there and greyed out.

Beside of that, which standard key mapping to I need to have in the "customized command" setup?

I've tested the CybrDisplay plugin without success. But your setup is different to mine.
    I will give em a second try, and let you know.
    Many thanks for your input until now.
    BR Sebastian

Norbert1976

Portal Member
    September 6, 2008
    Duesseldorf
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IMON Manager 6 or 7

Hello

well I tried in the beginning to go back to 6 to solve a couple of problems I encounterd with the remote, but what shall I say the problems only got worse with version 6 :mad:. So I did the only reasonable thing and installed the latest version again, including the one thats only available as Auto-Update!

On thing I think I should tell as well. It made my life much easier to set all the speeds to the lowest possible setting. (See attachment). The remote is very sensible so the speed reduction makes sense I think.

In the "custom command" section I put the "enter"-key, the that died with the default.key file, and the case buttons "Menu", "Back" and "Start". I also have the DVD-menu-key there, but thats probably not necessary (I deleted this one from the "program command" section by mistake). The for arrow keys still there for me as well (and so they should :) I need them from time to time)

And you shuold have a look through the keybindings in the "program command" section and compare them to the settings in the "Shortcutter-Plugin". One or tow did'nt match on my system (caused my some long hours looking at the completely wrong end).

And before I forget it there is one thing thats isn't mentioned in the first post. Its not enough to click on "reset configuration" and "update and close". You need also to enable both the "ctrl" and the "shift" key-setting on the right side :D.

Greetings from Duesseldorf

Norbert

Attachments

• speeds.JPG
      speeds.JPG
      51.9 KB

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Norbert,
    your hints helped me a lot. I got the Display to work properly. Thanks a lot for posting your config.
    In iMon Manager V7 the display stops when ending MediaPortal. Pretty cool. In V6 it stayed on and was lighted all the time.

And I got nearly all keys working.
    Except Vol+ what is linked to = in iMon.imo file. But that seems to be ok, because when I try to reconfigure the = sign is located on the "+ key".
    "- key" for Vol- works as expected. Any ideas how to configure correctly?

And the two of the four colored buttons (Music and TV) are not configured correctly.
    Video and Picture are doing what the should do.
    But the other two do not react on a button press.
    I think this needs to be configured in ShortCuter plugin, or? May I ask you to attach you config to double check. I have no clue what is meant with "key" and "Skin-ID" in the ShortCuter config. iMon Manager looks ok in regard of mapping the colored keys.

Many many thanks for your answers.
    BR Sebastian from Wiesbaden

Norbert1976

Portal Member
    September 6, 2008
    Duesseldorf
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Display

Hello

I did'nt change anything in the shortcutter plugin config except klick on both the "shift" and "ctrl" checkbox as shown in the attachment. My keys did'nt work at first because the mappings did'nt match in the shortcutter-plugin config and the program comand section of the Imon manager. I had to change a couple of keys. I do attach my mediaportal.imo file for you to try out. But remember the DVD-Menu is missing there so you may want to add this again after importing the file.

Well my display is working splendidly :D. After firing up when MediaPortal is started it says "MediaPortal". While playing Music it alternates between the EQ and the ID3-Tag display (I have to play arround a bit with the settings. I'm not satisfied yet with the time periods between EQ and ID3-Tags). See the attached pics.

One thing is odd through. The remote speed settings are set back to the awfully fast settings from time to time for no appearing reasons. I need to look into this some times. But well this is a minor thing :).

Which version of the IMON-Manager do you use?

Greetings

Norbert

PS: I'm not sure about the volume keys because I dont use them. My HTPC is connected via TOSLINK to a 5.1 Soundsystem. I control the volume there.

Attachments

• 09092008063.jpg
      09092008063.jpg
      272.7 KB
    • 09092008062.jpg
      09092008062.jpg
      295.5 KB
    • 09092008061.jpg
      09092008061.jpg
      296.8 KB
    • shortcutter.JPG
      shortcutter.JPG
      61.2 KB

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Norbert,
    thanks for your infos and the imo file. I got all keys working now, except the Vol +.
    I've installed iMon Manager 7.20.x and ran the internet update to 7.40.x.

Since I got remote and VFD working, I can spend some time with the buttons of the case.
    The Vol control/start/stop and next track are important.

You've mentioned that you have configured them like buttons of a remote, or?
    What buttons do I need to select for the last column of iMon Manager configuration?
    Thanks a lot.
    BR Sebastian

Update:
    Got the Vol + button to work. Its not "+" whats needed to beconfigured in iMOn Manager.
    It was "(Shift)+(0)+( )". What is "=".
    Thanks to Zeee, who helped me in the Chat.

Update2:
    Some of the case buttons are working. fast forward/home/exit/ etc.
    But not the vol control knob. Is that working on your box?

schuess

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2008
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I click on Windows Command and try and double click some of the settings in grey to remove the default mappings i receive this error message

"It's not permitted to register RC signal for this function of iMON RSC"
    (pic imon3)

When I click on
    1. Program command
    2. Media Portal
    3. Import

I receive the following Error
    "The IR signal or the function name in use was not loaded. "
    (pic imon2.jpg)

Help Please
    schuess
    :confused: