iMON Remotes mapping for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Saiyandt

April 23, 2008
Hi,

I follow this guide to setup the imon and the remote that comes with SilverStone CW03 to play video file from MP to KMP.
However, when I am in the play mode, I can not use the remote to control stop, play or pause ? Anyone knows the reason ?

Thanks

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
THX chemelly!

Your config works great, but I have a little problem. I have a Thermaltake DH-101 case with Imon Type C LCD. The case has 10 frontpanel buttons and the buttons doesn't work. Can you help me, how can I set the buttons.

mediacontrols.jpg

Thx Balu

Were you able to figure this out because I'm planning on getting the same case and would like your input.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
The case has 10 frontpanel buttons and the buttons doesn't work. Can you help me, how can I set the buttons.

Were you able to figure this out because I'm planning on getting the same case and would like your input.

You will NOT be able to get these buttons to work with the iMon Manager software... The iMon Manager software does not recognize them... SoundGraph knows about this and has, as of yet, not provided a fix or update to resolve this issue... (although it may be a hardware or firmware fault, and will not be fixable without replacing the control board)

Rather than waiting for SoundGraph to (maybe) fix this issue, try the IR Server Suite. The recently added iMon driver for the IR Server Suite supports the front panel buttons on various iMon devices (although the button codes used on the device available to me may be different from the device you have.. but that can be fixed with a simple edit of the associated xml configuration file).

Install the IR Server Suite... configure it for the iMon receiver, then run the debug client (don't forget to connect to the server) and press the front panel buttons... and see if the buttons produce button codes... note these codes. You can then find the "iMon Front Panel.xml" file in the IR Server Suite installation and change/add the codes that your device produces...

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
The case has 10 frontpanel buttons and the buttons doesn't work. Can you help me, how can I set the buttons.

You will NOT be able to get these buttons to work with the iMon Manager software... The iMon Manager software does not recognize them... SoundGraph knows about this and has, as of yet, not provided a fix or update to resolve this issue... (although it may be a hardware or firmware fault, and will not be fixable without replacing the control board)

Rather than waiting for SoundGraph to (maybe) fix this issue, try the IR Server Suite. The recently added iMon driver for the IR Server Suite supports the front panel buttons on various iMon devices (although the button codes used on the device available to me may be different from the device you have.. but that can be fixed with a simple edit of the associated xml configuration file).

Install the IR Server Suite... configure it for the iMon receiver, then run the debug client (don't forget to connect to the server) and press the front panel buttons... and see if the buttons produce button codes... note these codes. You can then find the "iMon Front Panel.xml" file in the IR Server Suite installation and change/add the codes that your device produces...

Thanks for the detailed answer. I would like to confirm that it works before I throw down money just to find out that buttons don't work. Even though I probably will not uses buttons that much but still, I would like the option of using it :)

balu0325

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Miskolc
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi cybrmage,

I tried to steup IR Server Suite.When I press the "Learn" button it alwais write the same. (see the attachment picture) How can I setup the server to can learn?

01.jpg

armyboy1

May 7, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Help

Hi,

I have tried all of this but can't get it to work at all.

I have followed all the instructions but nothing.

I have Imon vfd with remote pad

Unless i'm being stupid or not reading it right

Could you please help??

Thanks

stuart68

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Chemelli and cybrmage,

I have installed CybrDisplay, IR Server Suite, MyKeys, Shortcutter and followed the many threads regarding IMon and Silverstone cases and how to get the vfd and remote to work. The .imo fiel posted by Chemelli was installed and imported to iMon.

For iMon I have the latest software update.

I still cannot get the MyMovies, MyPhotos and MyMusic buttons on the remote to work, all others seem to be working.

I have Frontview set to always on within the iMon Manager. Does this have to be set to neven on or automatic. The PC is used for other purposes than running MediaPortal and I like the fact that the display can be used. So, does it have to be set to Never On and if so will I need to go back to a version 6.x of iMon?

Then for the MyKeys pluggin, I am not sure what I should do with this to set it up. Do I have to edit an xml file? If so where should I do this?

What does shortcutter do? Is there anything I need to do to set this up?

When I installed the .imo file provided by Chemelli it reported a problem in iMon, but it seemed to work. Could this be the source of my problem with the remaining keys?

What more information coudl I provide to help solve this? Woudl a log file help?

Yp have both already provided me with so much information that I now haev a remote that is useable, very useable and a display that actually is informative when running MediaPortal. This is my first HTPC and I have learned that case selection is very important, something that I did't quite consider enough when selecting one, I thoght heat and space were the only problems. 8-(

So, thanks for all the input you have given so far. Any help to get this fully resolved would be great.

All the best,

Stuart

boxbooster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,

I`ve got the same problem as stuart. I followed all instructions but the only thing that doesn't work are the MyMovies, MyPhotos and MyMusic buttons. May there perhaps be a problem with the ID settings in shortcut'er? I assume this, because if I turn on the infrared animation button, Imon always recognizes the right commands. If I press MyVideos, then Imon confrims "My Videos". The problem therefore may be, that Mediaportal (or shortcut'er, My Keys) doesn't react on the commands from the MCE-Remote. It remains unclear for me which tasks are done by My Keys? Does someone have an idea? :confused: Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Germany...

Thanks a lot for your Help!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Chemelli and cybrmage,

I have installed CybrDisplay, IR Server Suite, MyKeys, Shortcutter and followed the many threads regarding IMon and Silverstone cases and how to get the vfd and remote to work.

MyKeys and Shortcutter are similar, but I would prefer the second as you can choice the keys. In any case once IR Suite server is configured to handle also those keys, it become useless... ( I didn't have time to check yet ).

For iMon I have the latest software update.

As explained several times by CybrMage, please use 6.xx version from your vendor...

I still cannot get the MyMovies, MyPhotos and MyMusic buttons on the remote to work, all others seem to be working.

You have to be sure that the keys defined in iMON are the same as the one in Shortcutter. And remove MyKeys...

What does shortcutter do? Is there anything I need to do to set this up?

You should search forum thread ;)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/imon-remotes-mapping-mediaportal-29442/

When I installed the .imo file provided by Chemelli it reported a problem in iMon, but it seemed to work. Could this be the source of my problem with the remaining keys?

YES. Same as previous, read the info in forum threads: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/imon-remotes-mapping-mediaportal-29442/

Simone

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had a problem with the latest version of Imon. Version 7.20. (stable)

When I use external players like KMPlayer the keyboard/mouse works OK, but the MCE remote did not respond. The cause has been explained on page 3.
    I downgraded to iMON_7_01_0204_BETA_ENG, and this problem is gone! Now all works ok, within or outside of MediaPortal.

[edit]

Crap, I spoke to soon. Its not working atm. I'll have a look why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom