iMON Remotes mapping for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

NZOldFart

Portal Member
November 11, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi - I've had my Imon remote working fine with myKeys for a few years now (except for myDVD which has never worked). I've just obtained a Logitech Harmony One universal remote to control all my devices (TV, AVReceiver, and Imon PC) and have got it working quite nicely now.

The one thing I'd really like to have that I don't is a button to go directly to Recorded TV. I can't find any keyboard shortcuts that I can setup in the Imon remote to go there. It's not listed in the MP Configuration keyboard shortcuts. Mind you - it also doesn't list the shortcut to go directly to TV Guide which is simply "G".

I see that when MP is set up to use the MCE remote it has a key to go directly to Recorded TV and that works fine.

So can anyone tell me where there is a "Master List" of commands to carry out all the functions that I might want to assign to my Imon/Harmony remote.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    look @ mytvrecordedtv.xml, inside it states <id>603</id>

That is the ID code you can use with shortcut'er to access TV Recordings

Link to shortcut'er is in my sig. You can use it to setup a keystroke to jump to Recorded TV Screen

NZOldFart

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks - never heard of shortcuter - I'm not a techo so not sure how all this stuff works - took me a while to find where the mytvrecordedtv.xml file is (in the skin directory). Will give things a try - I saw from the MCE remote setup that the ID was 603 but had no idea what that means. So I'm assuming that the keyboard shortcuts that are used for the setup in the imon remote.imo are actually translated to the ID code in MP?. Just not sure why there are some keyboard shortcuts listed in the MP configuration but not others. What is the code or keyboard shortcut to get the MyDVD key working on the Imon remote?

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No imon remote setup has nothing to do with the ID#s. Imon remote setup can only just map a keystroke to a remote button. The keystroke is passed to mediaportal, and mediaportal does something according to the key. eg "p" = play, "b" = stop etc... Mediaportal doesn't have a keystroke for myrecordtv.xml. However if you use Shortcut'er you can map a keystroke to a skin ID. Eg setup CTRL+SHIFT+R = Recorded TV, then program imon to send the CTRL+SHIFT+R keystroke when you press a certain button on the remote.

ok say you want My DVD = Recorded TV in mediaportal

Step 1
    Imon manger -> Settings -> Program Commander -> Mediaportal
    Map the My DVD key to CTRL+SHIFT+R

Step 2
    Shortcut'er plugin
    Map skin ID 603 to CTRL+SHIFT+R

Done

cheeseman

Portal Member
    November 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hello,

I searched through this thread, but couldn't really find anything that pertained to my situation...

I have a antec fusion remote black case with RM200 remote, but have a harmony 880 to control my htpc, xbox, receiver, tv, etc

So, I set the harmony up as the Antec Remote Black Case, worked fine, but now I am stumped as how I should set up the Harmony in iMon/MP. I tried using the method on the first page of this thread, but it wasn't really working ... (In iMon, i set initial keyboard/mouse to keyboard and in MP the up/down/left/right arrows still act as a mouse...probably something dumb that I am missing! haha)

Anyways, could anyone help me set this up? (Searching through the forums, I found very few topics on this specific situation, and got confused looking at other similar remotes, situations, etc)

Ideally, I want to have shortcuts to moving pictures, music, tv series, games, for the time being, as well as most basic functions on the remote

dan

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also deleted the default.key file (I am using WinXP). And everything imported fine. But....

I want to use BACKSPACE to go to the previous menu (currently this is done via ESC button). But I think it is impossible. In the Imon Manager > Program Commands I can ofcourse add something, but in the list where you choose wich Imon Pad button to use, BACKSPACE is missing (btw BACKSPACE, Select/Space, ENTER, ESC are missing).

Also in Windows Commands these are grey... (even if I delete DEFAULT.KEY again).
    Does anyone knows why you cannot map any function to BACKSPACE and the others?

Also the current version I am using is 7.60.0521
    But I read somewhere about 7.63.9020 or so.. and on the Soundgraph site it is mentioned version 7.64 will come out on 5th of Octobre... Not sure what it will bring.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    just map the backspace button in imon to the escape key you can do it.
    you might need to free up the backspace button elsewhere in imon

hello,

I searched through this thread, but couldn't really find anything that pertained to my situation...

I have a antec fusion remote black case with RM200 remote, but have a harmony 880 to control my htpc, xbox, receiver, tv, etc

So, I set the harmony up as the Antec Remote Black Case, worked fine, but now I am stumped as how I should set up the Harmony in iMon/MP. I tried using the method on the first page of this thread, but it wasn't really working ... (In iMon, i set initial keyboard/mouse to keyboard and in MP the up/down/left/right arrows still act as a mouse...probably something dumb that I am missing! haha)

Anyways, could anyone help me set this up? (Searching through the forums, I found very few topics on this specific situation, and got confused looking at other similar remotes, situations, etc)

Ideally, I want to have shortcuts to moving pictures, music, tv series, games, for the time being, as well as most basic functions on the remote

dan

you must download imon configuration for your logitech harmony remote using the logitech setup program

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just map the backspace button in imon to the escape key you can do it.
    you might need to free up the backspace button elsewhere in imon
    Yes well thats the problem. it's greyed out in tab Windows Commands, check the first 2 screenshots. I am not allowed to modify it there. In Program Commands, I can't even select it. Even deleting the default.key doesn't help..
    (I used your .IMO so I saw that 1 program command already mapped to Backspace, but if I modify this command, the mapping to backspace will be deleted automatically since it's not available in the list of RC buttons.)
    It's not a big deal thing, I just really wanted to use the backspace and space button for navigation just like Esc and Enter.

BTW! How can you use MP with your iMON PAD If you don't have a button for the context menu?
    The Mediaportal Context menu gives you the ability to create playlist in Music, to show all or just unwatched movies in Moving Pictures etc.
    So I used your IMO file and added a few things. I'm planning to create a small document for all the keys for myself, will post here later.

The screenshots shows my mappings in iMon Manager. Ofcourse if you read this post without reading the first post you might not know how to import the Program Commands. Don't forget to delete/rename first:
    %AppData%\SOUNDGRAPH\iMON\Setup\iMON PAD\Default.key (this is the path for WinXP).

Most important changes:
    - Red Videos button mapped to Moving Pictures
    - Yellow TV button mapped to TVSeries
    - Bookmark button will show Visualisation (Actually it shows Now Playing, in XFactor skin, the Now Playing is for 2/3 of the visualisation, you can modify this button to jump to fullscreen visualisation. But if you use XFactor you can already open fullscreenvis via the BasicHome screen.)

- App Launcher will show you the Context menu!
    - Green QuickLaunch button you should use it to start up MediaPortal (Windows mapping/setting in the Imon Manager)
    - Green Quicklaunch button in Mediaportal means: Go to BasicHome. So you can always go back with the same button you use to startup MediaPortal.
    -Task Switcher is simply Windows Task Switch (I use the one from powertoys wich looks nice). Its not in Windows Command because I don't like Imon Task Switcher so I removed it and created custom command (screenshot).
    - Timer button and Thumbnail button unmodified. But I never use Timer or OSD (can simply use pause for that or look at my VFD/LCD screen). So I am still thinking about what to do with those 2 buttons.

Attachments

• WindowsCommand1.jpg
      WindowsCommand1.jpg
      72.1 KB
    • WindowsCommand2.jpg
      WindowsCommand2.jpg
      71.5 KB
    • CustomCommand.jpg
      CustomCommand.jpg
      57.2 KB
    • ProgramCommand1.jpg
      ProgramCommand1.jpg
      80.1 KB
    • ProgramCommand2.jpg
      ProgramCommand2.jpg
      73.6 KB
    • ProgramCommand3.jpg
      ProgramCommand3.jpg
      82 KB
    • ShortcuterPluginConfig.jpg
      ShortcuterPluginConfig.jpg
      68.2 KB
    • MediaPortal.imo.zip
      30.6 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    my mapping file that is posted is pretty old, my current one does have a button for context menu.

i made a shortcut that uses process.exe to kill process to mediaportal and the restart mediaportal, and i assigned a hot key to this shortcut, and mapped the hotkey to a remote button, that way if mediaportal crashes i can kill it and restart via the remote

i use the thumbnail button mapped to shift+1

47842d1254474915t-imon-remotes-mapping-mediaportal-windowscommand2.jpg

re: the pic above...
    my backspace is not greyed out in imon like yours is.
    i dunno what the problem is, one thought is.... have you selected ipad as remote in imon?
    i have a feeling you may have it set to imon mini remote, which has less buttons?

Eoinsku

Portal Member
    July 12, 2009
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't know what it is about the latest version of iMON Manager, but the list of buttons related to the iMON Pad remote do not match the buttons on the RM200 remote. For example, Backspace is not shown and neither is ENTER or any of the numbers. Also, some of the names in the list don't match the names of the buttons on the remote e.g. App Launcher is 'go'.

I put together a mapping scheme as best I could given the buttons/options available. I have attached it to this post. Anyone is welcome to use it or base their own scheme on it.

Also note that the remote should be in Keyboard mode, and that it doesn't work if the mini display plugin is enabled

Attachments

• MediaPortal iMON Map.zip
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom