belcom

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2009
    Leibnitz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    no, if I see right (but as far as I rember, with XP it did):

This one seems not to be a HID device, but a regular DOS device.
    As far as I can see in your logs, you have iMON Manager 7.77 running.
    Does somebody have 7.77 with DOS device running (any OS)?

I think your issue is somewhere between 7.77 and IRSS.
    Would you agree on a remote debug session?

well, I think I owe this to the forum... but have to keep in my mind my family...:rolleyes:

So it depends how long the debugg session lasts. If we have to wait until IRSS freezes, it's to much. If you just want to test some functions, I think we find a way!

If you have less time, easiest thing would be to share your device over internet, so I can access it.
    This way it's possible for me to find out why it isn't found by IRSS.

Only thing we have to do is a short remote session so that I can install and configure the needed software on your machine.

belcom

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2009
    Leibnitz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi.
    Finally, thx to Belcom, my MCE remote trough imon is working with mediaportal. Unfortunaly the most important button BACK/"ESC" does not work. In windows it works as backspace, etc. one page back in internet explorer. But in mediaportal it goes to the top of a menu not the usual ESC to previous page. Mediaportal is setup with MP blaster plugin and MCE remote in the remote section.
    Additional if MCE remote is used with mce ir receiver these setting works.

So: windows (IE) mediaportal
    MCE + mce ir one page back previous menu
    MCE + imon one page back goes to top

Anyone know why this happens?

Hi!

I almost broke my head on this question, but unfortunately the only way to make this working is to modify MediaPortal. Since we are in feature-freeze right now we have to wait to fix it...
    Sry for this bad news :(

belcom

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2009
    Leibnitz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I installed the latest IRSS today (using an IMON USB device) and I am very happy:

- all keys are mapped and work
    - no double click issues (after disabling local input etc.)

one problem though:

When I use the "up" button on the remote during video playback in addition to the video jumping the topbar shows (the one with the buttons, not the timeline - the one that shows when hovering the mouse near the top of the screen). This only happens using the remote, if I use a keyboard as input the up arrow doesn't show this behaviour. Also it seems to be skin independent...

Hi taalas!

Very wired behavior, as I tried to reproduce your issue here with 3 different skins (blue3, FactorX and BlackGlass), but none showed up this issue.
    Do you have modified key mappings?
    If yes, pls post your config.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi.
    Finally, thx to Belcom, my MCE remote trough imon is working with mediaportal. Unfortunaly the most important button BACK/"ESC" does not work. In windows it works as backspace, etc. one page back in internet explorer. But in mediaportal it goes to the top of a menu not the usual ESC to previous page. Mediaportal is setup with MP blaster plugin and MCE remote in the remote section.
    Additional if MCE remote is used with mce ir receiver these setting works.

So: windows (IE) mediaportal
    MCE + mce ir one page back previous menu
    MCE + imon one page back goes to top

Anyone know why this happens?

Hi!

I almost broke my head on this question, but unfortunately the only way to make this working is to modify MediaPortal. Since we are in feature-freeze right now we have to wait to fix it...
    Sry for this bad news :(

Ok just out of curiosity i tired https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...yboard-remote-input-plugin-25755/index18.html and added button backspace, Code "8", to previous menu+back.sound and now my MCE remote is working.
    I've added the working version below if somebody needs it. It is working for 1.1 + svn. :D
    (it's compiled against 1.1.0 ALPHA)

more info: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/KeyboardInputPlugin/

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i'm very sorry to report that i still have problem with my thermaltake dh101 imon remote. After your fixes (the problems 1stdead had) mine seemed to work fine now, but now suddenly it isn't detected anymore. It was working now for a week (minimum) and now suddenly irss can't detect it anymore. I've tried >10 reboots, imon ipdate,.. but nothing changes (Same error as before). I took a look at this thread again and noticed that 1stdead has IMON Firmware Ver. 0x380102, and my imon says that i'm running IMON Firmware Ver. 0x3801 although we have the same case.

Any idea ?

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today i did a fresh install on my friends htpc (they have the same case) and i tried to install irss. Same error as on my htpc..

Attachments

• fresh install.rar
      30.6 KB

belcom

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2009
    Leibnitz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Today i did a fresh install on my friends htpc (they have the same case) and i tried to install irss. Same error as on my htpc..

None of the devices we know even show up in the list...
    What is the VID and PID of your device?

Do you see it in Device Manager?
    Does it work with iMON Manager?

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "new friends build" was installed yesterday (Windows 7 x86) and has imon 7.77.1022 (could that be the root of the problem ?) and using imon the remote seems to work.
    They have the same case as i do but they have got Firmware ver. 0x380102 (LCD HID OEM).
    Maybe mine isn't always working because i have firmware 0x3081 and the other one is not working because of imon 7.77.1022

I'm not really shure which of the hid devices is representing imon, cause they all use microsoft drivers (but deep in my head i think the 15c2 devices are the right ones ???

Firmware 0x380102
    imon 7.77.1022
    Windows 7
    Imon working
    Irss not working (fresh install, never tested before)

[HID konformes Gerät]
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_01
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_01
    HID_DEVICE_UP:FFCC_U:0001
    HID_DEVICE

[USB-Eingabegerät]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_00
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_00

[USB-Eingabegerät]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_01
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_01

[HID-konforme Maus]
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_00&Col01
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_00&Col01
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002
    HID_DEVICE

[USB-Verbundgerät]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038

Firmware 0x3801
    imon 7.77.1022 (had problems using the others so i tried the new one)
    Windows Vista Business
    Imon working
    Irss not working (was working before, suddenly stopped, installed new imon, still not working)

[HID-konformes Gerät]
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_01
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_01
    HID_DEVICE_UP:FFCC_U:0001
    HID_DEVICE

[USB-HID]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_00
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_00

[USB-HID]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_01
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_01

[HID-konforme Maus]
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001&MI_00&Col01
    HID\VID_15C2&PID_0038&MI_00&Col01
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002
    HID_DEVICE

[USB-Verbundgerät]
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038&REV_0001
    USB\VID_15C2&PID_0038

On both system the drivers are always provided by ms

If i took the right ones, they pretty much look the same (to me ;-) )

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a few minutes ago it was not working on both systems. I fired up imon to see if it is working in imon and it did. I closed imon on my system and right after that irss was all of a sudden working again. Same goes to the "friends system"

It might be a big coincidence (but i had x>10 reboots on both systems) but i think it has something to do with imon.
    If it goes the "normal" way it will now work for ~1 week and then it will suddenly stop working.

Very strange

i provided some fresh logs maybe it's interesting to compare them to my yesterday logs ?

Thanks

Joe

Attachments

• arrggghgh.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom