iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

The think that the only thing that is checked is what you install trough a mp1 file (or have installed)...
    Here you are changing a DLL against another DLL, that have all that the other have, but a little bit more (support) =)

OBSERVE: This is something I think! I have NOT read the section about Plugin Version Check for MP 1.2.x

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi guys,

first of all i have to give credit to stefan for his great job.

But im quite surprised that lots of guys here dont know the solution to get the vfd working togehter with the minidisplay plugin before stefan released his adapted version of the plugin.
    I used minidisplay plugin together with imon and Mediaportal for almost 2 years now. The trick is to use the imon version 7.20.0502. With this version the minidisplay plugin works very well in MP. Also EQ works, you couldt configure it in the minidisplay plugin settings.
    So only motivation for me to try this here is that i have a problem since a few weeks.

I configured minidisplay as followed. In the minidisplay settings there is an option "restart imon after MP is closed" or something like that. So if you close MP the imon manager will be closed an restartet, so you have both, the information from the imonmagaer outside of MP and all the information within MP for your movies, music and so on.
    For me that configuration let crash mp very often and the imonmanager dont restart after MP will be closed. And with this i cannot use my Harmony remote as long as i dont restart imon manuelly. Strangely that works for 2 years. I will try to reinstall the old version 7.20.0502, maybe that helps. Reinstalling and updating to MP 1.2.0 wont help.

And so i come to the point.

Is it possible to get the information from the imonmanager after i left MP like i got in the past. Right now the minidisplay from stefan works well, beside there is no EQ. But when i leave MP the vfd only shows home and the clock. After restarting imonmanager or the whole HTPC i get the information from imon, but only as long as i dont start mp and close it, then i only get the clock and HOME again

Thanks
    Henric

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Does it have to be version 8.01.0419, I can't get this to work? Closest versions on the soundgragh site are 8.01.0408 and 8.01.0629. I currently have whatever the latest version is.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

Does it have to be version 8.01.0419, I can't get this to work? Closest versions on the soundgragh site are 8.01.0408 and 8.01.0629. I currently have whatever the latest version is.

Have a look at this post (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-3-a-95616/index17.html#post792169]) as I had your same problems....

The version of IMON can be the latest and doesn't need to be the one mentioned in the thread.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

Is it normal, that the MediaPortal logfile increases extremely with this plugin? My logfile size was up to 130 MB.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to post the exact same thing - my log file grows about 30-50K per day with light useage and most of it is from the MiniDisplay plugin. I have the Advanced Logging turned of and the latest version running with iMon LCD in my Antec Fusion Remote case.

Is there a way to reduce the logging (probably some leftovers from debugging time).

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

does the rebuild plugin now support nativ remote?
    (no more extra/extern USB-reciever needed for MCE remotes?)

greetings and BIG :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom