iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrasITC

November 23, 2011
Hi there,
Firstly I would like to thank Stefan for his great work allowing us to finally use our VFD display with MediaPortal!
I have two questions regarding the minidisplay plugin:
1. When I exit the MediaPortal, on the display I see in the first row HOME, and in the second row is the current time. How can I get to display the date in the first row instead of HOME? When I start, for instance, Winamp, the display still shows only HOME and the time, instead of displaying track title and its length. In the minidisplay setting I checked the box "turn OFF display on exit", but still nothing.
2. When I use MediaPortal and increase or decrease the volume, it doesn't show on the display. It would be very convinient to display the volume when I increase or decrease it

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

Reading this error in the Log - no idea if it is important:

MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Die DLL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.198013 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MiniDisplay.DoStart(): Starting background thread
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.201013 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.Start(): Called
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.201013 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.Start(): Calling driver Setup() function
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.201013 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.Start(): Calling driver Initialize() function
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.202013 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: (IDisplay) ImonBase.Initialize(): called
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.209014 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: (IDisplay) ImonBase.Initialize(): completed
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.209014 [Info.][MiniDisplay(37)]: MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.Start(): Completed
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.298019 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MiniDisplay.DoStart(): Completed
    2011-12-18 15:35:42.298019 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MiniDisplay.Start(): completed

oldgit9

Portal Member
    December 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    for me, every version of iMon VDR/IR that i have tried, has installed correctly....so i think....well....the VDR works. but i have a major issue with the IR...as it doesn't work correctly.

no matter how i installed the software or what version i installed, (from early v7, to the latest version), the iMon Pad keeps on doing its own thing. when i try to select an option (TV, Music etc), i will have to press the select button, at least three to five times, before it registers. when i try to exit a screen (to go back to the main screen) the screen flickers...just as if IM pressing play and pause at the same time. and when it goes into this loop, its a nightmare to get out of it.

as a last resort, i wiped my hdd and installed MythTv on Linux. to my surprise, the Linux driver for the IR worked...ok not 100% (i'd day 85%) and the VDR did not work...but i must say, i only had it installed it for a brief time...and it was only to test the IR. but compared to the win version, it worked a lot better...

is there a fix for this annoying bug????

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

Hm - the two iMON devices I have arbe both crap - they are not usable at all - when I moved the Harmony (I use the 600) and switch to MCE Remote in teh iMON options it worked fine. I'm not convinced that iMON is a "good" product - but they are mstly used when it comes to Display units - an their support is - pfff ... the next case I'm going to get is one for sure without display and another remote software. I use a 10" FingerVU as secondary display so I don't need teh display at the case at all. But - also there are products I think are better.

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everybody,

i use the new driver for month now with my own Silverstone LC16 with the VFD Display. Now im installing a new HTPC with an Antec Fusion Remote Max with a LCD Display. Generally the drivers works fine with the Antec but from my VFD i'm used to see Informatin like Moviename while i'm browsing through MovPic or through TV Series. With the LCD i only can see the Plugin Name TV Series" iiself. When i start a movie or series i see the movie name thats okay but not the moviename while browsing. Is this a typical LCD Problem?

Thanks
    Henric

omel

Portal Member
    August 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Thx for this patch it works perfectly

A wish :

Is it possible to get the driver to display 2 linies, the upper line the plugin (TV Channel ,Movie ,Radio), and the other line the title of Tv program / song / movie ?

Regards

Omel

morto

Portal Member
    January 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello,

i would like to ask if these binaries work with case Silverstone LC16 in Mediaportal 1.2.1 and both VFD and iMON remote work. I am mainly asking because of fact, that binaries require version of iMON manager >= 8.01, but Silverstone had their own rewritten drivers (i don't know exactly why) and there are only two versions available from them: 7.42 and 7.77 (Index of /software/imon). That is why i am little bit afraid of installing current version 8.12 on Silverstone LC16 :)
    Any confirmation from Silverstone LC16 user will make me very happy :D

O

OL_1973

AW: Re: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

Hello,

i would like to ask if these binaries work with case Silverstone LC16 in Mediaportal 1.2.1 and both VFD and iMON remote work. I am mainly asking because of fact, that binaries require version of iMON manager >= 8.01, but Silverstone had their own rewritten drivers (i don't know exactly why) and there are only two versions available from them: 7.42 and 7.77 (Index of /software/imon). That is why i am little bit afraid of installing current version 8.12 on Silverstone LC16 :)
    Any confirmation from Silverstone LC16 user will make me very happy :D
    I`m using a Silverstone LC16 with the VFD Display. And i updated the IMON Software to the newest Version for VFD, installed the binarys and all went well (at my case).

Hope it helps.

Meanwhile i`m using a Antec Fusion Remote with IMON LCD (with the binarys from first post) and all works well. Only one thing is not working. It shouldn`t show the first AND second line. But i`ve read in this thread that is in progress.

O

OL_1973

AW: Re: iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1

A wish :

Is it possible to get the driver to display 2 linies, the upper line the plugin (TV Channel ,Movie ,Radio), and the other line the title of Tv program / song / movie ?

Regards

Omel

Is there are any news about using the second line for LCD Displays?

omel

Portal Member
    August 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi,
    please don't forget the additional signs on LCD displays like the "rec" icon. I have posted some photos in this post.

Hi

What is your setup (driver) for MP to display 2 linies on your antec how did you manage to get it to work. could you provide me with a link

I have a Antec fusion Black

Regards

Omel

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom