iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Rostov-na-Donu
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Unfortunately, stefanuhrig had to strip out non-ascii characters at one point because some of them were causing problems on VFD displays. I extended the plugin using his latest code so my version also strips out non-ascii characters for VFDs. I cannot test out any changes to VFDs because I do not have one. I would recommend that you go back to the previous version as mine only adds support for LCDs anyway.

Very bad. Alredy go back and waiting changes.

O

OL_1973

AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Solved the problem with the incorrect time.

It wasn`t the Minidisplay driver. It is a issue (or error) in TV Movie Clickfinder. It took the wrong time from a server. Deactivated the timesnyc an all is fine :oops:

...Meens, if the actual clock is 6:20 pm (or in german 18:20) it changed it to somehow like 6:42 pm (in german 18:42)...

orental

Portal Member
January 26, 2011
Home Country
Israel Israel

TNX

not all the bottuns working (volume:up,down)

a have the same problem as LordMerlin with hebrew lang. any idea's how can it be resolve

and thank you agin

Tal

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

not all the bottuns working (volume:up,down)
This plugin does not have anything to do with the IMON remote. You will have to continue using IRSS or whatever other setup you were using to make that functional.

On the bright side, Soundgraph released their remote control API a couple days ago. I'm sure chemelli will be able to make this work out better pretty soon.

a have the same problem as LordMerlin with hebrew lang. any idea's how can it be resolve
Unfortunately, the IMON API does not support multi-byte (AKA non-ASCII characters, or any characters not using the Latin alphabet) characters for VFD's. There is no way I can work around this unless IMON adds support for multi-byte characters in their API. In the past, other MiniDisplay drivers that relied on specific IMON driver and firmware versions were able to send graphic data instead of text to emulate text display for multi-byte characters. However, the IMON display API does not support graphical data either. If you need multi-byte character support, stick with whatever version of MiniDisplay you had working before, because this plugin based on the IMON Display API is not going to be able to support it unless IMON updates their API.

Icons Update
I have just updated the LCD driver with support for displaying the speaker configuration, video codec, audio codec, and aspect ratio icons.

There are some assumptions that I had to make, so here's the details on how the features work:

Speaker configuration
I can access the number of channels that the source file is encoded with, and from that I infer the speaker configuration. Note that in some instances this may not match the actual speaker setup. The number of channels is followed by the inferred configuration in parenthesis below.

• 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo) channels - L, R
  • 3 (2.1) - L, R, LFE
  • 4 (quad) - L, R, SL, SR
  • 5 (surround?) - L, R, SL, SR, C
  • 6 (5.1) - L, R, RL, RR, C, LFE
  • 7 (6.1) - L, R, SL, SR, RL, C, LFE
  • 8 (7.1) - L, R, SL, SR, RL, RR, C, LFE

Video/audio codecs during video playback
This is fairly straightforward. The MediaPortal player uses MediaInfo.dll to supply codec information, and I use that same information to light up the icons accordingly. Obviously, I cannot light up icons that don't exist (sorry h.264 :() The LCD screen has 2 MPG icons. Therefore, I am using the first icon for older MPEG codecs (MPEG-1, MPEG-2) and the second icon for newer MPEG codecs (MPEG-4 AVC / h.264). I just realized that the 2nd MPG icon may be for non-MP3 MPEG audio, but I think that's a pretty rare thing to see nowadays?

Unfortunately, the MediaPortal player only uses MediaInfo during playback of local file content, so this won't work with TV or DVD discs.

Audio codecs during audio playback
The MediaPortal player also does not use MediaInfo during just music playback. As a workaround, I will light up icons based on file extension. This is also obviously limited to local music content (not streamed radio or anything like that).

Aspect ratio icons
  • One of TV or HDTV will light up depending on whether something is 720p or above.
  • One of SRC or FIT will light up depending on whether the video is being played back in its original resolution, or whether it has been scaled to fit your TV. This is largely dependent upon your MediaPortal configuration settings.

You can get the latest version from my original post.

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Hi ,

I just tried the new files and they seem to be working well for video so far . It's great to see the icons lighting up . :D

Audio codecs during audio playback
    The MediaPortal player also does not use MediaInfo during just music playback. As a workaround, I will light up icons based on file extension. This is also obviously limited to local music content (not streamed radio or anything like that).

When playing music , what icons should be lit ?

When playing music ( .mp3 files ) on my display I have "Music" and "MP3" lit up .

Should the speaker icons light up ?

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

When playing music , what icons should be lit ?

When playing music ( .mp3 files ) on my display I have "Music" and "MP3" lit up .

Should the speaker icons light up ?

I forgot to mention that the audio channel information also comes from MediaInfo, which the MediaPortal player does not use for music. So, the speaker icons do not light up for music...yet. I'm looking for better ways to light up the speaker icons, but I'll need to study up some more on audio channels and outputs in Windows.

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    WebCasting icon

I've just updated my original post with a new binary.

This latest change adds support for the OnlineVideos plugin. Basically, the "Web Casting" icon lights up when a video is playing from within the OnlineVideos plugin. This change may also work for the MyTrailers plugin, but I'm not actually sure if it uses the built-in MediaPortal player. If it doesn't, then the icon won't light up. I no longer use MyTrailers though because it's been deprecated in favor of OnlineVideos anyway.

I wanted to also add support for MyNetflix, but since that uses a web browser for playback, I cannot support it currently.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Weather icon now lights up when you're in the default Weather plugin.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Line display preference setting

I have made another update to the plugin, which allows you to select from the advanced configuration screen which line you would like to use. This is the best solution I could think of given that every plugin may report their statuses somewhat differently (missing data, etc..). You can just pick whatever works best for you.

You can access the settings by going to MP Configuration -> Plugins -> MiniDisplay -> Config -> IMON LCD... -> Advanced. It is very simple and consists only of the following settings:

General
    • Prefer First Line (usually "MediaPortal" or the category containing the item you have selected)
    • Prefer Second Line (usually the currently selected item or current time)

During Playback
    • Prefer First Line (usually the name of the music/video being played)
    • Prefer Second Line (usually the elapsed time / total time of the of the current item)

Note that even if you prefer line 2, for example, line 1 will still be displayed if line 2 contains nothing.

Your settings are saved as soon as you hit OK on the advanced settings screen. You don't have to worry if for some reason the "OK" button is disabled on the MiniDisplay settings screen. If you start fiddling around with changing the driver (which you shouldn't have to), remember that you'll have to start IMON as administrator before doing so.

EDIT: get the update from my original post

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Is there support for imon LCD touch devices yet? I have some troubles with the MPdisplay2 plugin, and the developing of that is very slow, so I need a solution for that plugin is working stable..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom