Implemented Non-Linear (Smart) Stretching of 4:3->16:9 (2 Viewers)

ol263

Portal Member
March 28, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Just to clarify something: Applying the rc3_binaries to latest SVN may work, but it reverts those overwritten modules to the RC3 build, leaving you with modules mixed from different versions, which is not very healthy!
If it's just for trying it out i guess it's ok if it works, but for full time use i'd use the RC3 original build.. at least until this gets in the SVN.

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I tried with a recent SVN and the configuration program would just crash.
Please get this into SVN asap :D :D :D :D :D

Oh and if someone could post some screenshots of it working, that would be great.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Just to clarify something: Applying the rc3_binaries to latest SVN may work, but it reverts those overwritten modules to the RC3 build, leaving you with modules mixed from different versions, which is not very healthy!
If it's just for trying it out i guess it's ok if it works, but for full time use i'd use the RC3 original build.. at least until this gets in the SVN.

Hehe this is what i did. I need the SVN i use. Only found one prob so far.. I cant rescan music database -_-

Ill just revert to old files if/when it comes to that.

about the zooming its working great =) Im kinda picky about image quality, but its looking rather good. Better then zoom/stretching does anyways.

btw too the author: you should try to make the guy who made the "autochange zoom mode" plugin to implent this view in his plugin. It shows up in the list there but you cant activate it.

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
For any of you.. I have the latest Build 16486 MP and TV Pluging Patched...

My SVN Build include:
.- The Non-Linear Patch
.- Does not stop MCE services. This is good if you have a Computer running the TVServer and a client with MCE and MP.. MP does not use the client tuners

DO you want the binaries?

Iosu

pioneer74

November 2, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Very useful!

Hi everyone (this is my first post) :D

First of all, a big thank you for implementing this nice feature. :D

I find this very useful and I will like to see it integrated in the next release. ;)

I've tested the rc3 binaries and it's working almost perfect. I've noticed 2 vertical lines where the pixels don't seem to match with the adjacent ones (like if they were scrolled up a pixel).

Perhaps it is due to a lack of CPU performance, I'm using a Duron 1,8GHz with 512Mb. Is this zoom mode computing intensive?

Thanks in advance for your answer and for your work!

:D

moti_r

Portal Member
April 3, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Just installed the last version with the required SVN and it works perfect!
No doubt this is a MUST for one of the upcoming SVNs!!!

GREAT WORK! Thank you very much!
Going to make my PVR functional again (was reluctant to record shows cause had to watch them stretched).

:D

ol263

Portal Member
March 28, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
I've tested the rc3 binaries and it's working almost perfect. I've noticed 2 vertical lines where the pixels don't seem to match with the adjacent ones (like if they were scrolled up a pixel).

Perhaps it is due to a lack of CPU performance, I'm using a Duron 1,8GHz with 512Mb. Is this zoom mode computing intensive?

If i understand correctly, you have 2 halves of the video, left and right, where one half is shifted a pixel higher than the other?

The "zooming" in theory should be done in HW in the graphics card, not using the CPU. What graphics card do you have? And can you post a screenshot of the phenomenon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom