Implemented Non-Linear (Smart) Stretching of 4:3->16:9 (1 Viewer)

pioneer74

November 2, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
If i understand correctly, you have 2 halves of the video, left and right, where one half is shifted a pixel higher than the other?

The "zooming" in theory should be done in HW in the graphics card, not using the CPU. What graphics card do you have? And can you post a screenshot of the phenomenon?

Hi. Yes, you've explained better than me. In fact, sometimes I notice 3 thirds instead of 2 halves. The left and right side appear to be shifted a pixel (up or down, I can't remember) with respect to the "center" side.

I'm using a GeForce 6200A, with a custom resolution (1024x576 50Hz) to fit my widescreen PAL tv.

With respect to the screenshot: what is the easiest way to take one in MP? I use MP in fullscreen and allways on top (and my MCE keyboard doesn't have the 'print screen' key).

Thanks for your interest.:D

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Just tested last night and it works very good for most material. Obviously pans suffer alot, but that is to be expected and that is what other zoom modes are for.

Thank you for this awesome "mod".

ol263

Portal Member
    March 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    With respect to the screenshot: what is the easiest way to take one in MP? I use MP in fullscreen and allways on top (and my MCE keyboard doesn't have the 'print screen' key).

Other than 'print screen' i have no idea...
    You can always take a real picture, but that may not show much...

ol263

Portal Member
    March 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I've updated the binaries in the first post. They are now based on the 0.2.3.0 final release.

I also updated the TVplugin binary to be based on the latest TVEngine3 SVN (16531)

ol263

Portal Member
    March 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The patch has not changed, i just applied it to the 0.2.3.0 tag and built.
    I'm not sure if it is identical to the SVN build... but shouldn't be too different I guess...

yardern

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Hi,

To install/use it:

- If you are building MP, apply the patch.zip attached here and rebuild. (Rebuild TVPlugin too if using TV Server)

If you are not building:
    I attached binaries you can apply to the 0.2.3.0 final release: Just Extract '0.2.3.0_final_binaries.zip' to your MediaPortal directory, overwriting previous files (Back them up first in case you want to go back).

If using TVserver: Install the TVplugin normally from the TVserver SVN (Preferably SVN 16531 as this is what my build is based on). Overwrite TvPlugin.dll in your "Plugins\Windows" directory with the one i posted here in 'tvplugin_binary.zip'.

Please post any issues you may have.

If I am not building, does it mean I need to do both :

Extract '0.2.3.0_final_binaries.zip' and
    Overwrite TvPlugin.dll ?

then I will have one more selection for aspect ratio?

Is this similar as ViewModeSwitcher?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewmodeswitcher_plugin-t21365p10.html?highlight=viewmodeswitcher

:D

ol263

Portal Member
    March 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

To install/use it:

- If you are building MP, apply the patch.zip attached here and rebuild. (Rebuild TVPlugin too if using TV Server)

If you are not building:
    I attached binaries you can apply to the 0.2.3.0 final release: Just Extract '0.2.3.0_final_binaries.zip' to your MediaPortal directory, overwriting previous files (Back them up first in case you want to go back).

If using TVserver: Install the TVplugin normally from the TVserver SVN (Preferably SVN 16531 as this is what my build is based on). Overwrite TvPlugin.dll in your "Plugins\Windows" directory with the one i posted here in 'tvplugin_binary.zip'.

Please post any issues you may have.

If I am not building, does it mean I need to do both :

Extract '0.2.3.0_final_binaries.zip' and
    Overwrite TvPlugin.dll ?

then I will have one more selection for aspect ratio?

Is this similar as ViewModeSwitcher?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewmodeswitcher_plugin-t21365p10.html?highlight=viewmodeswitcher

:D

If you are using the TVserver with the TVplugin then you need to overwrite TVplugin.dll if you want the aspect ratio available in LiveTV.

This is just another aspect ratio, unlike the ViewModeSwitcher which selects an aspect ratio based on the input signal. (If you want this new AR to appear in ViewModeSwitcher that would probably require changes to ViewModeSwitcher).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom