Import problem for "1492: Conquest of Paradise" (1 Viewer)

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
1492: Conquest of Paradise pulled down the french name instead of english. (tt0103594). I have it set to put the foreign name after english and it swapped it.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.4

1492: Conquest of Paradise pulled down the french name instead of english. (tt0103594). I have it set to put the foreign name after english and it swapped it.

No problem with that movie here. It shows up as:

1492: Conquest of Paradise (1492: La Conquête du Paradis)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.4

This is one of those bad IMDb editor entry movies that I'll have to add a rename database entry for (which I did via v1.1.0).

Countries of production are France and Spain, so the title on the main details page is considered original/foreign.

Then it looks at the AKA titles. And somebody put an "(undefined)" entry in there for non-English title (Google Translate detection puts it at French). But I use "(undefined)" on a lot of Asian movies to get the correct English title, so I can not skip it, but I also can not actually detect the language that was used.

So "1492: La conquête du paradis (undefined)" becomes the "English" title, and "1492: Conquest of Paradise" becomes the Original/Foreign title.

I guess I could adjust the IMDb+ scraper-script to detect if it is dealing with Japan, China, etc and only then accept the "(undefined)" ones as English. Seeing as it is Christmas weekend and all, I'll reserve that for another day. For the time being, verify via "IMDb+ Info" that you have rename database version v1.1.0 installed and then refresh it.

Enjoy.

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    I just loaded it up and it updated to v4.1.4 scraper and i saw v1.1.0 rename db. Thanks for taking the time to look into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom