Importer ignores "wild" episodes (no named folder) (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Shockingly, the plugin no longer imports episodes (for me) unless they are inside a folder with the show's name, like for example:

Series/The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p/The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv <--works

Series/The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv <--doesn't work

Is this now expected behaviour?
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Both scenarios work fine for me.

Since a lot depends on your specific configuration, it would help if you provide full detailed log files that capture what happens at a deep technical level when you run through both scenarios. Did you modify parsing expressions? Do you use string replacements? Everything has an influence.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't made any changes for a very long time. I just had to ask before I put hours into this.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, I've checked out all settings that could have an impact on this, but I'm not getting closer to the truth of why this is happening. I did another test with moving the latest episode of Suits out of it's folder, and it wasn't picked up, then I put it back and it was picked up. There were nothing about Suits.S04E12 when I had a look in the first scan's log. In the second one the full path was included and the episode was there. @lftearme Care to comment?

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Reset your parsing and string expressions in configuration and try again just incase you accidentally made changes. You can always back up first.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Resetting both parsing and string expressions didn't make any difference, sadly. Perhaps I should revert back to an old database file? I have plenty backups. Would be best to find out the cause, though.

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @emphatic
    Can these files are already in the database ?, but they are not attached to any series. Then the plugin does not want to import them.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The same happens with shows already identified as well as not yet identified.
    Sometimes files get into the database of negative identity, and yet they are not physically removed from the database, these files are ignored when importing.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I change the path, that's the only thing that's different. If I put "show.S01.E01.mkv" into my root path, "shows", it's ignored. If I put it into a new folder called "Show S01" in the "shows" root folder for example, it's no longer ignored. By your reasoning, shouldn't it be ignored again?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom