Importer ignores "wild" episodes (no named folder) (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I just tried putting "Chuck.S03E01.Chuck Versus the Pink Slip.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-LP.mkv" into my root import folder which is defined as \\nas\tv. This appears to get picked up fine.

What is your import path defined as? Is it a root directory or a folder on a drive? Mine is a folder on a network drive but it would be the same as a local drive e.g. C:\TV.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I just ran a test on a clean database:

Import Path = \\NAS\Recordings
    File = \\NAS\Recordings\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv

All good.

Can you run a similar test with a clean DB and confirm if it works?

Attachments

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Did an import with a clean database (removed the latest db3 from the database folder) and still am not getting wild files imported. Attached logs and database. The file that was skipped is called "Suits.S05E12.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv"

Emph

Attachments

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    I do remember users complaining about import issues before, and it turned out it was their NAS acting up with permissions. Maybe your shared folder has different permissions at root level for files, then it does inside subfolders?

If you make a subfolder "TV" at root level, and then try:

\\emphaticnas\Serier\TV\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv versus \\emphaticnas\Serier\TV\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv

That would quickly verify if that is the case.

To me though it looks like the only active parsing expression is the "show-folder\season-episode-filename" one, and not the "show-season-episode-filename" one that should be primary by default. You should be able to see what parsing expression was used to do the match when it "works" to verify that.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    I do remember users complaining about import issues before, and it turned out it was their NAS acting up with permissions. Maybe your shared folder has different permissions at root level for files, then it does inside subfolders?
    Would I really be able to edit and move files to and from the root folder of a shared folder from the client computers using Windows/Mac if that was the case? Also, I've yet not seen this problem in Moving Pictures, that picks up files without an extra directory layer before root, and the shared folders for Movies is setup the same way as shows.

Looking at my NAS permission settings for my shared folders, especially the one with TV-shows in, there are no special rules or permissions active. I can see options to add stuff like that, but it's just not being used.

Thanks!
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    I solve a lot of problems with the Sherlock Holmes approach of eliminating all other possibilities. If you are sure that it is not a contributing factor by running a quick test to confirm, then I'll step out and hope somebody else can figure it out for ya.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    You were right, making a TV directory ( \\emphaticnas\Serier\tv\ ) makes the importer pick up even loose episodes inside it. It also works for stuff inside yet another directory.

I wonder though how this has changed on my NAS, as I have no recollection of ever changing anything.
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    At least we can now exclude MP-TVSeries more as being the problem, and you can focus on what the NAS is doing that makes root files special, but not when it is a folder. Could be as easy as chmod/chown properties on the root folder, or some other setting.

Of course for MP-TVSeries it does not matter, and you could make that "TV" folder in the root the new location for MP-TVSeries.

I guess that could be another test, if you make "\\emphaticnas\Serier\tv\" the MP-TVSeries import path and see if you can then recreate the problem with files in the root of "TV" subfolder to see if that brings back the issue again.

In that case I would say there is something wrong with the way MP-TVSeries handles import folders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    C Importer works super slow My TVSeries 5
    C Imported media doesn't show up immediately? General 1
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    B xmltv - cannot import tvguide.xml australia Installation, configuration support 0
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    thepahakurki TVDB import not working My TVSeries 3
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    L TV-Series kein Import Plugins & Erweiterungen 6
    J [fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import Submit: Bug Reports 50
    D Ripped movies not importing unless IMDB code is included in folder name General 4
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    MausWiesel LightsOut-Connector für MP2? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    fredco [solved] Large import not working Moving Pictures 15
    M [solved] MP2 Not discovering all movies Newcomers Forum 2
    J [fixed] [MP2-821] Importer glitches in 2.2 Submit: Bug Reports 42
    Golf4 [solved] Bei Import und grabben der Medieninhalte - Client ausschalten? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    cbr954rr Possibillity to export and import all client settings? General 0
    Jean-Christophe MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? General 13
    N [Finished] [MP2-791] Radio recordings do not get imported into Recordings listing MediaPortal 2 25
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22