Improved Weekly / Daily recording algorithm (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If it wouldn't be too difficult, it would be nice to have this in tve2

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If it wouldn't be too difficult, it would be nice to have this in tve2

The biggest problem is going to be "time". To minimize the time needed I've been thinking that perhaps the current 'Weekly' and 'Daily' recording options can serve a double purpose:

- If there is guide information for the day of the recording -> use the new fuzzy algorithm.

- If there is no guide information -> simply record from start to end.

This would also mean that the interface will not grow more complicated, with two new options that may be confusing to most users.

What do y'all think?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    dvdfreak, if this works as you say, it can simply replace the current algorithm. No need for more options.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Okay, this does indeed seem the way to go. I hope to have something whipped up this evening :)

If I upload a patch, are there people here that can compile and beta-test this stuff? Or do I need to put up a compiled version somewhere for download?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    PM me when you have a patch (full files please), I'll put it into my local build, and make sure nothing obvious crashes. At that point, I'll commit it.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    PM me when you have a patch (full files please), I'll put it into my local build, and make sure nothing obvious crashes. At that point, I'll commit it.

You have mail :)

Hopefully I didn't break anything else when implementing this change. I did some quick testing and all looked ok.

Currently it is coded to simply check the title. I'm sure this feature will get some heavy testing from all the people waiting for it, so as a second step we can look at making the title-matching fuzzy as well. Let's first make sure my first batch of changes are ok ;-)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

You have mail :)

Hopefully I didn't break anything else when implementing this change. I did some quick testing and all looked ok.

Currently it is coded to simply check the title. I'm sure this feature will get some heavy testing from all the people waiting for it, so as a second step we can look at making the title-matching fuzzy as well. Let's first make sure my first batch of changes are ok ;-)

Seems diehard2 doesn't have time this week to merge the changes. Perhaps someone else can do this?

The modified files can be found here: http://www.dot-i.com/MediaPortal.fuzzy.zip

This is for TVE3.

Anyone?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom